Author Topic: Basketball Transfer Portal  (Read 29592 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball Transfer Portal
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2021, 07:50:01 PM »
Wow.  Thought with the other seniors coming back that Naz would join them.  Great player and wish him much success.  Not sure we'll ever see another triple double like he had against Oakland.
Let’s hope he doesn’t transfer to Oakland and have a triple double against us. Lol

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2021, 05:26:40 PM »
Wow.  Thought with the other seniors coming back that Naz would join them.  Great player and wish him much success.  Not sure we'll ever see another triple double like he had against Oakland.
Let’s hope he doesn’t transfer to Oakland and have a triple double against us. Lol

I would worry more about Cleveland State...

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2021, 05:29:04 PM »
DQ has committed to Fordham

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »
Fordham went 2-12 last season and finished last in the A-10.  Atlantic 10 is a step up from the Horizon but surprised he left YSU for a losing program.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2021, 06:09:08 PM »
DQ probably figures that he will surely start, be a big star, and enhance his chances at the NBA. Honestly, somebody needs to sit down with this young man, tell him point blank that he is not NBA material, and put an end to his delusions.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2021, 06:35:56 PM »
DQ probably figures that he will surely start, be a big star, and enhance his chances at the NBA. Honestly, somebody needs to sit down with this young man, tell him point blank that he is not NBA material, and put an end to his delusions.

I like DQ (he is a hell of a good player) and I wish nothing but the best for him.

Therefore, I really don’t want to throw him under the bus. With that being said, I thought Kendrick Perry was a better player than DQ. If KP still couldn’t make it into NBA, I doubt very much DQ could ......just my 2 cents

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2021, 06:50:03 PM »
DQ exceeded all my expectations during his playing career at YSU.  The lingering ankle problem set him back this past season and was a problem his sophomore year.   Hopefully he'll get that under control and make a name for himself in the A10.   He should have a nice career and make a great living playing overseas.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2021, 06:54:31 PM »
You said it!  Overseas, not NBA material as of yet!  I doubt that will change.  A lot of that has to do with his ankle injury.  For my two cents, both should have came back to YSU. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2021, 09:10:55 PM »
KP was a better athlete but I think DQ is the better overall player as he's a true point guard.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2021, 08:58:14 AM »
Figured Naz was coming back with Covington, Akuchie & Thomas returning.

Really surprised with DQ going to Fordham.  Outside of being in NYC, just wonder on the allure there.  As it was mentioned, they were 2-12 last year and the Atlantic 10 isn't a huge jump in exposure from the Horizon League. 

The ankle injury and COVID obviously changed things, but I just felt like all last year those were an odd dynamic/disconnect with him.  Wish him the best and maybe with a healthy ankle, he can get back to where he was his sophomore year, but like the others said he'll probably be playing overseas. 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2021, 09:44:13 AM »
Figured Naz was coming back with Covington, Akuchie & Thomas returning.

Really surprised with DQ going to Fordham.  Outside of being in NYC, just wonder on the allure there.  As it was mentioned, they were 2-12 last year and the Atlantic 10 isn't a huge jump in exposure from the Horizon League. 

The ankle injury and COVID obviously changed things, but I just felt like all last year those were an odd dynamic/disconnect with him.  Wish him the best and maybe with a healthy ankle, he can get back to where he was his sophomore year, but like the others said he'll probably be playing overseas.

NYC would be a negative in my book.  With their record it must be a case where getting playing time is more important than winning.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2021, 10:00:05 AM »
The Atlantic 10 is a far superior league than the Horizon League (not just a "step up").  That being said, Fordham stinks and I'm surprised he selected them.  Does Q still have two years of eligibility left?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2021, 10:10:18 AM »
KP was a better athlete but I think DQ is the better overall player as he's a true point guard.

Yes, DQ was a better point guard than KP. I believe KP was a much better shooting guard than DQ.

When at YSU, KP had the uncanny ability to drive toward the hoop and pull up hitting the mid range jumper. He could also shoot the 3 balls. That is probably why he is doing well in the European league where shooting the 3 ball is a must (since zone defense is allowed).

This season, DQ has not shown me his ability to effectively run point and to consistently hit the outside jumpers (possibly due to his injuries).

If he could not recover his shooting touch, I wonder if he would be successful in the European league, let alone the NBA.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2021, 09:32:29 PM »
Dwayne Cohlll a 6-2 guard from the University of Dayton has transfered to YSU.  He missed last season with an injury.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2021, 03:23:17 PM »
Cheick Traore is transfering per verbal commits.