Author Topic: YSU SIU game day  (Read 7301 times)

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU SIU game day
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 04:27:12 PM »
never happy with a loss but we are making progress!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 04:39:41 PM »
never happy with a loss but we are making progress!

They made progress in fixing the OL/running game. I hope they will make progress on OL/passing game next week.
It looks like coach has made his decision on the starting offensive back field.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 08:01:47 PM »
Better today by a lot. At least the game is competitive. Glad to see Waid at QB since he gives us the best chance to move the ball. He doesn't go down easy and can sure run the ball with power.  Not sure about the other qbs we have that have not played.  Only question on Waid in my opinion from what I saw is arm strength. Hope it is not so.

At rb we need 8.  LP goes down easy and hurt us on the 2 point try.  20 is a good receiver and hasn't really run the ball that much this year.  Other years his running ability is again not elusive or with power to break tackles.  With Waid and 8 we have the best chance at the run game.

The missed extra point and coming up short on the 2 point try really hurt us in my opinion. Could have been a confidence boost with 14 instead of 12.

The defense at the end of the 1st half really hurt our confidence.  Not sure if it was prevent defense or not, but it really hurt. And the 2nd half SI shut down our run game and we had some dropped passes that hurt. But I liked the last drive we had where we threw the ball down field, not just running. Hopefully next week we can run and throw instead of being so predictable.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 08:34:01 AM »
OL. Much better.  Watched on tv so not the best way to watch an OL.....but they were ok.  After first two games I thought they would be a disaster. 

It’s heartening

I like Phillips’ sideline demeanor with the players.  Though he’s gonna lose 10 lbs a game  never stops moving 😄
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!