Author Topic: SIU Game Thread  (Read 2137 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
SIU Game Thread
« on: March 05, 2021, 04:47:17 PM »
Well - game 3 of the silly season!  We now face a team that was going to be the easiest of the first 4 but they go ahead and soundly beat NDSU!   :o Here are some things to look for this week:

1.  The 2 QB system is not working.  Looking for Waid to take over the reigns.  A QB needs rhythm and doing this creates an already rhythmless offense to have less rhythm.  ( I used rhythm a lot there). You get the drift!
2.  Punting for field position has to improve.  DeSalvo needs to be the punter - proved it with last punt of game last week.
3.  Need Becker and any other COVID protocol players back! 
4.  Need to control the ball a little longer this game and give the defense a break!  If we are going to win it is going to be low scoring and the defense is going to keep us in it! 
5.  We need a smack in the mouth play - Pick 6, fumble recovery for 6, something big to put them on their heels and give some life to the O.  It will happen and it will change the game when it does! 
6.  The D is solid across all aspects - run, run support from secondary, pass coverage.  Can only get better but need to come off the field!  Couple of 3rd and longs last week really hurt them.  Need big stops on 3rd down!
7.  Is Tim Johnson suiting up?
8.  Please fix the sound system!  I can't believe we have the multimedia press box and a sound system that sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.  ( I used sound a lot there). get the picture!
9.  Last one -  I swear - give Gonya a shot - if you are going to platoon QB's this spring then do it with the kickers!
10.  One more - bring back tailgating - this pandemic is over!  No tailgating - no Pete on a Stick!

GO GUINS!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SIU Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 05:35:15 PM »
Peteonastick, I agree with you that defense needs to make some plays.
Simply put it, if offense could not score, defense would have to.
Pick a QB and go with it. Craycraft has been around for 3 years and he has not shown any evidence to have the capability to move the offense. Time to hand over the reign to another guy......move on.