Author Topic: Braxton Chapman  (Read 4386 times)

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Braxton Chapman
« on: February 15, 2021, 02:50:37 PM »
I see Braxton Chapman is transferring to N. Ill.  Anyone know why?  He is a big back and seemed to do OK when given a chance to play.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Braxton Chapman
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 04:23:29 PM »
Our former running backs coach under Pelini is a coach Northern Ill.  Both Chapman and our former tight end have transferred to Northern Ill.  I always thought Chapman should have played more than he did.  Much like Jelani Simmons in basketball. Both were good in my opinion and better than some players getting more time. And they both had a future here.  Not sure what the transfer rules are now under the liberalized NCAA, but if FCS players can transfer to FCS or FBS schools without sitting out a year, all of FCS is in trouble.  Not sure again, but I think basketball is similar or the same rule.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 04:43:28 PM »
He was told he would not be the starter. Wanted playing time elsewhere.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 05:28:12 PM »
I thought he was not used enough, sorry to see but go but wish him the best. I a$$umed that Bo was the problem but wonder now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:28:04 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 06:22:30 PM »
He was told he would not be the starter. Wanted playing time elsewhere.

Always strange to see someone go up a subdivision to get more PT, but this makes sense considering the MAC may be a step down from the MVFC in terms of competition.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 09:16:34 AM »
I see Braxton Chapman is transferring to N. Ill.  Anyone know why?  He is a big back and seemed to do OK when given a chance to play.
"when given a chance to play."
You answered your own question, he wasn't
Don't know why they didn't like him, he must have been an issue in practice or locker room on "about town"
In any case it was both Pelini and Phillips staff's that apparently had an issue, so good luck at N, Ill.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 12:50:16 PM »
The running backs coach must have seem some potential in him to bring him there.  I hope it works out for him there.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 05:08:08 PM »
MAC may be a step down or it may not.  However, roster-to-roster they probably don't get more weak then YSU's current condition.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 09:41:36 AM »
MAC may be a step down or it may not.  However, roster-to-roster they probably don't get more weak then YSU's current condition.
I wish I could disagree with you.  Can't wait for fall camp to convene!  Boy, I hope we get some good experience this winter/spring and DP finds us some transfers that want to get so playing time.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!