Author Topic: YSU @ NDSU  (Read 23619 times)

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU @ NDSU
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2021, 02:23:42 PM »
These are 18-22 year olds in top physical shape they will be fine. quit babying this generation.  NDSU players all got Covid last June July preparing for Fall 2020 like Clemson & Alabama did.
 Why didn't YSU ISU or whomever?

Regardless.  I want YSU to have a good program,  its good for FCS!!

Wish that I had a dollar for every time in the past year I have heard the argument that the young and in shape basically have nothing to worry about. Sounds great but is a shallow argument, it is not just about the 18 - 22 year old's, the concern should be with the parents, grandparents, coaches and others that may come in contact with the 18 - 22 year old's. Not all of these folks are able to handle covid.  It is not about babying anyone, there are more important things in life than football.

Well said.

For your own good, turn off the propaganda box and do some research. Misinformation is much more dangerous than a lack of information. You are being manipulated and deceived so that you embrace tyranny. Research Pulitzer Prize winner Carl Bernstein’s work on CIA manipulation of the corporate media. Read about CDC corruption and conflicts of interest. Read about the CDC Swine Flu scandal in 1976.

Regarding 18 - 22 year olds, their infection fatality rate is essentially zero. Will they murder grandma if they don’t live like an obedient  prisoner? Of course not. The largest clinical trial ever done with a sample size of over 10 million participants (!) showed ZERO...ZERO.....cases of asymptomatic spread.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

I’m sure this will be deleted for non-conformity with the propaganda narratives.  Regarding the Penguins, players play and winners win. Play the damn games.

Spot in.  The problem is when someone know someone that died from covid-19 their confirmation bias reinforces the media narrative which is not what the statistics say.  Since most people don't know how to analyze the information they aren't able to use statistics to perform hypothesis testing.  Bottom line is the media is to blame for falsely claiming that 400,000 people died from Covid-19 and never having the "remote curiosity" to investigate the numbers.  In fact they are part of the he agenda and tools used to push a narrative.  No other way to say it.  It was all about destroying small businesses while trying to steal and election.  It also prepares the US for *The Great Reset" and UN 2030.  Problem is they are so bold that out it in writing for everyone to see.  Look it up in the UN website.  It's all there, but Operation Mockingbird has failed for a large portion of the population.

This is one of the greatest fraud schemes to ever be done to the American people.  Fascist government and corporate partnership to pull it off.  Problem is that they showed their hand in the process of doing it.

Look, this is a football forum... but you might want to lookup the concept of “excess mortality” if you want to know if the pandemic is real

There isn't any.  That was my point moron

“Excess mortality” is a specific calculation used by pathologists to correctly calculate the impact that a disease has on mortality rate. Your calculations are not using the correct excess mortality formula, which takes into account expected versus actual deaths by comparing death counts to averages.

Around 500,000 more Americans died in 2020 than the average of the last 5 years

Problem with using death rate alone is that the rate of increase had been decreasing until 2020 when it stopped decreasing because of Covid. Death rate alone can mask actual mortality impact which is why excess mortality exists as a calculation

Here’s a good breakdown of true excess mortality in the us https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:37:58 PM by Kandrase »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2021, 05:59:04 PM »
These are 18-22 year olds in top physical shape they will be fine. quit babying this generation.  NDSU players all got Covid last June July preparing for Fall 2020 like Clemson & Alabama did.
 Why didn't YSU ISU or whomever?

Regardless.  I want YSU to have a good program,  its good for FCS!!

Wish that I had a dollar for every time in the past year I have heard the argument that the young and in shape basically have nothing to worry about. Sounds great but is a shallow argument, it is not just about the 18 - 22 year old's, the concern should be with the parents, grandparents, coaches and others that may come in contact with the 18 - 22 year old's. Not all of these folks are able to handle covid.  It is not about babying anyone, there are more important things in life than football.

Well said.

For your own good, turn off the propaganda box and do some research. Misinformation is much more dangerous than a lack of information. You are being manipulated and deceived so that you embrace tyranny. Research Pulitzer Prize winner Carl Bernstein’s work on CIA manipulation of the corporate media. Read about CDC corruption and conflicts of interest. Read about the CDC Swine Flu scandal in 1976.

Regarding 18 - 22 year olds, their infection fatality rate is essentially zero. Will they murder grandma if they don’t live like an obedient  prisoner? Of course not. The largest clinical trial ever done with a sample size of over 10 million participants (!) showed ZERO...ZERO.....cases of asymptomatic spread.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

I’m sure this will be deleted for non-conformity with the propaganda narratives.  Regarding the Penguins, players play and winners win. Play the damn games.

Spot in.  The problem is when someone know someone that died from covid-19 their confirmation bias reinforces the media narrative which is not what the statistics say.  Since most people don't know how to analyze the information they aren't able to use statistics to perform hypothesis testing.  Bottom line is the media is to blame for falsely claiming that 400,000 people died from Covid-19 and never having the "remote curiosity" to investigate the numbers.  In fact they are part of the he agenda and tools used to push a narrative.  No other way to say it.  It was all about destroying small businesses while trying to steal and election.  It also prepares the US for *The Great Reset" and UN 2030.  Problem is they are so bold that out it in writing for everyone to see.  Look it up in the UN website.  It's all there, but Operation Mockingbird has failed for a large portion of the population.

This is one of the greatest fraud schemes to ever be done to the American people.  Fascist government and corporate partnership to pull it off.  Problem is that they showed their hand in the process of doing it.

Look, this is a football forum... but you might want to lookup the concept of “excess mortality” if you want to know if the pandemic is real

There isn't any.  That was my point moron

“Excess mortality” is a specific calculation used by pathologists to correctly calculate the impact that a disease has on mortality rate. Your calculations are not using the correct excess mortality formula, which takes into account expected versus actual deaths by comparing death counts to averages.

Around 500,000 more Americans died in 2020 than the average of the last 5 years

Problem with using death rate alone is that the rate of increase had been decreasing until 2020 when it stopped decreasing because of Covid. Death rate alone can mask actual mortality impact which is why excess mortality exists as a calculation

Here’s a good breakdown of true excess mortality in the us https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

Wrong.  Total deaths didn't increase regardless of your bad information.  If this was the case total deaths would be in excess of normal mortality rate.  That means the percentage of deaths would have increased.  It didn't.  The facts are that the total number of deaths didn't increase by as a percentage of the total population.   Get a clue.  You have ZERO basis for your claims.  My data came straight from the CDC. 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2021, 06:55:59 PM »
So about the game, interested to see how the new/younger players perform and respond to the new coach.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2021, 10:37:35 PM »
So about the game, interested to see how the new/younger players perform and respond to the new coach.

Thanks for the topic change Guinpen. Like others have stated I’m most curious to see if the team plays the whole game. It’s gonna get ugly, so I’m very curious to see how they handle adversity. Also curious about the QB situation. I know Craycraft will start, but wondering if anyone else will get PT

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2021, 11:22:12 PM »
Does anyone else think that this game has the feel of a season opener against a P5 opponent where we are just content with "a good showing?"  No expectations should translate into no pressure. I hope that our players approach this game with that attitude.  On rare occasions, you get a Pittsburgh result.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2021, 04:11:24 PM »
No I do not  feel that way at all ...I expect to win at ANY I-AA/FCS opponent. I would love it if they would just jog through the entire season though. Equal playing time for both 1's and 2's at every game. Treat it like pre-season should be treated

That being said, I just sat in front of my TV only to see that the game is tomorrow! Who ever heard of such a thing? I canceled plans.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2021, 11:10:48 PM »
I saw the Vindicator article today.  They didn't even put in the writeup that the game is on local TV, just ESPN+. They sure don't keep up with the local team. Too bad.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2021, 06:35:05 AM »
I saw the Vindicator article today.  They didn't even put in the writeup that the game is on local TV, just ESPN+. They sure don't keep up with the local team. Too bad.

I don’t know if it is a local competition thing. As I recall, in the past, other local TV stations would not advertise game being televised by one of their competitors.

I don’t want to be too hard on Tribune/Vindy, YSU athletic website also only lists ESPN+ as the Video broadcast site.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2021, 07:02:52 AM »

I don’t know if it is a local competition thing. As I recall, in the past, other local TV stations would not advertise game being televised by one of their competitors.

I don’t want to be too hard on Tribune/Vindy, YSU athletic website also only lists ESPN+ as the Video broadcast site.

https://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2020-21/releases/radio-tv-spring

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2021, 07:54:45 AM »

https://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2020-21/releases/radio-tv-spring

Thanks for the information. I didn’t see that article. I was referring to the YSU sport website for football schedule where it lists the links to radio, tv, live stats. I use that to find out the TV broadcast for a specific YSU game.
In football or basketball games, they are typically carried on ESPN, espn2, espn3, espou or ESPN+. The listed link guides me the proper streaming service.
I subscribed to ESPN+ just to watch YSU games especially when I am out of Rowan.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2021, 08:48:10 AM »
No I do not  feel that way at all ...I expect to win at ANY I-AA/FCS opponent. I would love it if they would just jog through the entire season though. Equal playing time for both 1's and 2's at every game. Treat it like pre-season should be treated

That being said, I just sat in front of my TV only to see that the game is tomorrow! Who ever heard of such a thing? I canceled plans.

Think that there was a wrestling match scheduled for Sat
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2021, 10:11:20 AM »
why can"t we open up with Slippery Rock