Author Topic: YSU @ NDSU  (Read 23617 times)

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU @ NDSU
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2021, 02:47:27 PM »
These are 18-22 year olds in top physical shape they will be fine. quit babying this generation.  NDSU players all got Covid last June July preparing for Fall 2020 like Clemson & Alabama did.
 Why didn't YSU ISU or whomever?

Regardless.  I want YSU to have a good program,  its good for FCS!!

Wish that I had a dollar for every time in the past year I have heard the argument that the young and in shape basically have nothing to worry about. Sounds great but is a shallow argument, it is not just about the 18 - 22 year old's, the concern should be with the parents, grandparents, coaches and others that may come in contact with the 18 - 22 year old's. Not all of these folks are able to handle covid.  It is not about babying anyone, there are more important things in life than football.

Well said.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2021, 02:53:43 PM »
You people keep missing the point on this micro-season. As if I truly give a crap about the virus anymore? I am well aware of what is right and wrong. It does not matter if you live in the "Sticks" Lake, the same rules should be evenly applied. My ONLY concerns are

1. Too damn cold for football & it is not a winter/spring sport. Who wants to go? I have never missed a YSu season & I am begging for this one to go away..
2. There are going to be injuries in this season, just like any other. Just what kind of shape do you think any team will be in, come July, after the previous season ended just a month earlier? NDSU will we be the best team in the league...by attrition.

Smarten up. Accept the fact that we missed the 2020-2021 season.  We all have to do the same thing so no other conference team has any advantage. I am rooting for ISU this whole season. Again this has NOTHING to do with the virus.

Too cold? Have you not been to one of our November / December home games? We play colder home games than NDSU  ;D lol.

Also.. if we skip spring season we're going to miss out on developing our very young roster. Do we want to go into Fall with 8 less games of experience than the rest of the conference? I understand the injury risk but I think the lack of reps are significant as well.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2021, 09:27:02 PM »
You people keep missing the point on this micro-season. As if I truly give a crap about the virus anymore? I am well aware of what is right and wrong. It does not matter if you live in the "Sticks" Lake, the same rules should be evenly applied. My ONLY concerns are

1. Too damn cold for football & it is not a winter/spring sport. Who wants to go? I have never missed a YSu season & I am begging for this one to go away..
2. There are going to be injuries in this season, just like any other. Just what kind of shape do you think any team will be in, come July, after the previous season ended just a month earlier? NDSU will we be the best team in the league...by attrition.

Smarten up. Accept the fact that we missed the 2020-2021 season.  We all have to do the same thing so no other conference team has any advantage. I am rooting for ISU this whole season. Again this has NOTHING to do with the virus.

In terms of injury attrition IAA, one thing to consider, the team is probably the largest it will ever be! With the new players and the other players that all got extra eligibility and are still playing. IF attrition does happen it theoretically will only take us to the levels we expected to be at depending on position? IDK. the more I thought about that because of the larger roster, the less I am concerned. Obviously it would hurt more with a QB injury but yeah you can only control what you can.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2021, 09:24:33 AM »

Too cold? Have you not been to one of our November / December home games? We play colder home games than NDSU  ;D lol.

Also.. if we skip spring season we're going to miss out on developing our very young roster. Do we want to go into Fall with 8 less games of experience than the rest of the conference? I understand the injury risk but I think the lack of reps are significant as well.

No. That is exactly why I said that EVERYONE needs to do it.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2021, 09:34:54 AM »
These are 18-22 year olds in top physical shape they will be fine. quit babying this generation.  NDSU players all got Covid last June July preparing for Fall 2020 like Clemson & Alabama did.

Wish that I had a dollar for every time in the past year I have heard the argument that the young and in shape basically have nothing to worry about. Sounds great but is a shallow argument, it is not just about the 18 - 22 year old's, the concern should be with the parents, grandparents, coaches and others that may come in contact with the 18 - 22 year old's. Not all of these folks are able to handle covid.  It is not about babying anyone, there are more important things in life than football.

Well said.

For your own good, turn off the propaganda box and do some research. Misinformation is much more dangerous than a lack of information. You are being manipulated and deceived so that you embrace tyranny. Research Pulitzer Prize winner Carl Bernstein’s work on CIA manipulation of the corporate media. Read about CDC corruption and conflicts of interest. Read about the CDC Swine Flu scandal in 1976.

Regarding 18 - 22 year olds, their infection fatality rate is essentially zero. Will they murder grandma if they don’t live like an obedient  prisoner? Of course not. The largest clinical trial ever done with a sample size of over 10 million participants (!) showed ZERO...ZERO.....cases of asymptomatic spread.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

I’m sure this will be deleted for non-conformity with the propaganda narratives.  Regarding the Penguins, players play and winners win. Play the damn games.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2021, 11:27:55 AM »

Well said.

For your own good, turn off the propaganda box and do some research. Misinformation is much more dangerous than a lack of information. You are being manipulated and deceived so that you embrace tyranny. Research Pulitzer Prize winner Carl Bernstein’s work on CIA manipulation of the corporate media. Read about CDC corruption and conflicts of interest. Read about the CDC Swine Flu scandal in 1976.

Regarding 18 - 22 year olds, their infection fatality rate is essentially zero. Will they murder grandma if they don’t live like an obedient  prisoner? Of course not. The largest clinical trial ever done with a sample size of over 10 million participants (!) showed ZERO...ZERO.....cases of asymptomatic spread.

I’m sure this will be deleted for non-conformity with the propaganda narratives.  Regarding the Penguins, players play and winners win. Play the damn games.

The authors of the study you shared recommend continued use of masks and social distancing.

“Public health measures for the prevention and control of COVID-19 epidemic, including wearing masks, keeping safe social distancing in Wuhan should be sustained.”

I’m all for doing your own research but at some point you have to consider what the experts think.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:28:43 AM by Kandrase »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2021, 11:29:35 AM »

No. That is exactly why I said that EVERYONE needs to do it.

Sorry IAA I skimmed your post my bad

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2021, 12:01:15 PM »

Well said.

The authors of the study you shared recommend continued use of masks and social distancing.

“Public health measures for the prevention and control of COVID-19 epidemic, including wearing masks, keeping safe social distancing in Wuhan should be sustained.”

I’m all for doing your own research but at some point you have to consider what the experts think.

So that is an opinion, that conflicts with their own findings, which unambiguously was “ there was no evidence that the identified asymptomatic positive cases were infectious.”

“Expert opinion” is the lowest ranking form of evidence in the hierarchy of evidence.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1046/j.1365-2702.2003.00662.x

Contradictory opinions are frequently incorporated in modern medical literature as research funding is stripped if thee is noncompliance with official narratives.

There are physician groups with thousands of “expert” members that oppose CDC recommendations. Again, if you’re considering known and proven corrupt organizations such as the CDC as “experts”, then you’ll be misinformed. It’s that simple. Read about the CDC vaccine advisory panels conflicts of interest.  The UPI did great work on that topic. The British Medical Journal did good work on CDC flu vaccine data fraud and corruption. The info is out there...but not on the propaganda box.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2021, 06:07:46 PM »
Lots of youth for this team.

4 guys on the OL making their first starts.

All 3 corners are all freshmen or RS freshmen and will be starting for the 1st time.

London Pearson starts at RB, not Turner.

Waid and Craycraft both will play at QB.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 06:33:44 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2021, 09:28:41 AM »
Lots of youth for this team.

4 guys on the OL making their first starts.

All 3 corners are all freshmen or RS freshmen and will be starting for the 1st time.

London Pearson starts at RB, not Turner.

Waid and Craycraft both will play at QB.
And we get to start in the Buffalo Dome against the defending and predicted national champions!  Hope we limit our injuries and mental damage.  DP has he hands full starting out. 
But experience gained this winter/spring will be HUGE plus going into football season this fall. 
Bet you $2 DP would like to recruit either freshman or transfer RB's if he had a chance.  When you have as many questions about QBs as we have, a solid running game would certainly be a help. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2021, 07:34:28 PM »
I know we got a dozen or so mid year transfers.  I thought they were eligible to play this spring. I recall a running back from a lower level school, D2 I think who was highly thought of, who doesn't seem to appear. I didn't check closely, but just how many of those transfers made the two deep for the game?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2021, 08:59:27 PM »
I know we got a dozen or so mid year transfers.  I thought they were eligible to play this spring. I recall a running back from a lower level school, D2 I think who was highly thought of, who doesn't seem to appear. I didn't check closely, but just how many of those transfers made the two deep for the game?

Ogletree at TE from Findlay

Mbodj at WR from Cincinnati

McLaughlin at RB from Notre Dame College

Jones at SS from Vandy (was here last year)

Lenton at FS from Florida

Grant Dixon at MLB from Marist

Eddington at DT from Eastern Michigan

Anthony Johnson at DT from Bowling Green

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2021, 07:02:01 AM »

Well said.

Spot in.  The problem is when someone know someone that died from covid-19 their confirmation bias reinforces the media narrative which is not what the statistics say.  Since most people don't know how to analyze the information they aren't able to use statistics to perform hypothesis testing.  Bottom line is the media is to blame for falsely claiming that 400,000 people died from Covid-19 and never having the "remote curiosity" to investigate the numbers.  In fact they are part of the he agenda and tools used to push a narrative.  No other way to say it.  It was all about destroying small businesses while trying to steal and election.  It also prepares the US for *The Great Reset" and UN 2030.  Problem is they are so bold that out it in writing for everyone to see.  Look it up in the UN website.  It's all there, but Operation Mockingbird has failed for a large portion of the population.

This is one of the greatest fraud schemes to ever be done to the American people.  Fascist government and corporate partnership to pull it off.  Problem is that they showed their hand in the process of doing it. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:11:24 AM by penguinpower »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2021, 11:45:58 AM »

Well said.

Spot in.  The problem is when someone know someone that died from covid-19 their confirmation bias reinforces the media narrative which is not what the statistics say.  Since most people don't know how to analyze the information they aren't able to use statistics to perform hypothesis testing.  Bottom line is the media is to blame for falsely claiming that 400,000 people died from Covid-19 and never having the "remote curiosity" to investigate the numbers.  In fact they are part of the he agenda and tools used to push a narrative.  No other way to say it.  It was all about destroying small businesses while trying to steal and election.  It also prepares the US for *The Great Reset" and UN 2030.  Problem is they are so bold that out it in writing for everyone to see.  Look it up in the UN website.  It's all there, but Operation Mockingbird has failed for a large portion of the population.

This is one of the greatest fraud schemes to ever be done to the American people.  Fascist government and corporate partnership to pull it off.  Problem is that they showed their hand in the process of doing it.

Look, this is a football forum... but you might want to lookup the concept of “excess mortality” if you want to know if the pandemic is real

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2021, 12:33:59 PM »

Well said.

Look, this is a football forum... but you might want to lookup the concept of “excess mortality” if you want to know if the pandemic is real

There isn't any.  That was my point moron