Author Topic: Everyone else is playing....  (Read 10614 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Everyone else is playing....
« on: September 17, 2020, 06:09:28 AM »
Everyone else is playing.  High School football, Pro football, now most FBS programs except the Pac12 and that Mac. One thing in common with those schools is the liberal part of it. Kent state, for example, is a liberal arts mecca with Marxists running all over the place.

So why not let the pussies stay home and let's resume the season?  All we need is the NEC and Pioneer leagues to play to get the FCS championship back in play.

This is stupid.

Now the NCAA has come out with the guidelines for the spring playoffs which appears to be only 16 teams for spring ball. Fall practice to resume Sept 22.

Statistically the pandemic/ epidemic is over. It is now at outbreak category.  Covid season is over. The deaths being reported on the news are legacy deaths from slow reporting states. By the way, when you lay the survivorship curve over the  reported covid-19 deaths you will find that 50k people have died as a direct result of covid-19 not 200k. That means 30% of reported deaths are caused directly by covid-19. The remaining 70% had comorbidities and includes age 83 and older. 34% of the 70% died of other causes but had covid-19 when they died (being shot, car accident, etc).

You can't beat the survivorship curve.  Just can't do it. This is not reported on because there is a strategy to keep the economy suppressed due to the fact that it's an election year and the libtards are out of their f***ing minds.

No football season is what you will get in the future if you keep voting for liberals that want to control everything, including the Saturday religion of football.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 06:33:58 AM by penguinpower »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone else is playing....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »
does this help or hurt YSU football  (not playing)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 08:50:57 AM »
does this help or hurt YSU football  (not playing)
It hurts.  What do you do with the seniors?  If you can give them an additional year of eligibility, it would mean you cancel the incoming class.  So we (and all who don't play) don't have a freshman class in 2021. Either that or you throw them out.  I assume the NCAA would give everybody an additional "redshirt" year if we don't play, but you still have a backup of players with scholarship players and commits going forward and they are NOT going to give additional scholarships to schools that don't play.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUinBoston

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 11:26:31 AM »
You are a tired routine, for sure.

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 12:58:36 PM »
This is all Strollo’s fault.
Joe Cool

Offline YSUinBoston

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 01:17:14 PM »
Imagine a movie trailer:

"In a world taken over by Marxists and libtards, one man on a seldom visited message board seeks to spread the truth and bring back the Saturday religion of football to the masses"

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 03:41:43 PM »

Agreed.  Strollo is responsible for having no football season.  He is also responsible for the virus.  He was spotted in Wuhan right at the time the virus was spreading.  I know that is true.  I read it on the internet.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 04:09:58 PM »
Yea I tried using that  "everyone else is doing it logic" with my parents when I was a kid. They pointed out the folly, told me to move on to something else. I did.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 05:25:53 PM »

Agreed.  Strollo is responsible for having no football season.  He is also responsible for the virus.  He was spotted in Wuhan right at the time the virus was spreading.  I know that is true.  I read it on the internet.

I could not blame the Wuhan Virus on him in China since he is not Chinese.
Let us blame him on the wuhan virus in Italy.
I actually read an Internet article reporting out of China, that the communist government blamed the virus on aliens from outer space. I can’t make that one up.

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 06:54:03 PM »

If it wasn’t obvious, I was being facetious. Some people on here like to blame him for everything,,,
Joe Cool

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 09:43:05 PM »

If it wasn’t obvious, I was being facetious. Some people on here like to blame him for everything,,,
I know. I just played along with it.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
  Spring season will begin on February 20, our first two games on the road.  Trying to avoid playing home games until early March because of the weather.  Likely open at UNI or ND St, both have domes.

16 team playoff field is correct.  We are in a total rebuild, doesn't matter if there were 30 teams in playoffs, we are not making post season.  We are 0-8 in last 8 road league games, hard to believe how far this program has fallen.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 01:20:45 PM »
the interest in YSU football was fading long before the pandemic.  Bo did nothing to help as he looked for another job.  it is disappointing where the program is at.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 05:48:47 PM »
Ask Strollo to cancel spring season if the NCAA is returning a year to the players.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 12:30:16 PM »
Ask Strollo to cancel spring season if the NCAA is returning a year to the players.
I disagree 100%  This is like a glorified "real" spring game (games)  Nobody cares and our younger guys get a series of games against real competition which the NEED.  We don't have seniors that we need additional games.  Let them play as needed in the spring and then move on.  Youth needs to be served.  All the 0-8 in last 8 road conference games isn't a lie, our seniors were key in most of them another year?  For what?  I think Coach Phillips has real potential, but it isn't going to be with Bo's hold over seniors.  Move on!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!