Author Topic: Beeghly Center  (Read 12545 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beeghly Center
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »
6,300 people only fill that arena twice a year. Commencement lol.. Shrink and make it more modern.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 07:28:25 PM »
Here is what I would like to see them do, if they could find the funds for removing all the bleachers.  Currently, there are 1200 red seats (10 rows of 60 chairs on each side.)  Install 800 theater style seats (8 rows of 50 seats on each side, more comfort and leg room.)  There are currently 23 rows (I think) of upper level bleachers on each side.  Reduce that to 18 rows of theater seats for 1800 capacity. Leave the end zone bleachers intact but glue on seat cushions.  Figure about 1400 seats total counting both end zones. You then have a modern-looking facility with 4000 seats, including 2600 theater seats.

That is more than enough.  Wright State is now drawing 3700 with a consistently winning program.

Some good ideas, although I would do nothing with the endzone seats, leave them as is, they can be the "cheap" seats. 4000 seats are plenty, after a couple of years of sellouts we can worry about what to do next.
Smaller and more modern is better, our "crowds" would look better in a smaller venue.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 08:49:59 PM »
Cushioned bleacher seats behind the baskets and staggered suites built up on one of the sides.  Basicalliy eliminating one side of all the bleachers.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 08:15:06 AM »
Cushioned bleacher seats behind the baskets and staggered suites built up on one of the sides.  Basicalliy eliminating one side of all the bleachers.
That's an interesting idea I hadn't been thinking of, but it sounds very interesting to me.  Maybe even a "club seating" area with lounge & food/bar area behind and loges above.  Would be nice to create a "club seating" area in Stambaugh as well. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 07:51:44 PM »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne