Author Topic: College Football Hall of Fame Atlanta  (Read 5344 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
College Football Hall of Fame Atlanta
« on: April 28, 2019, 10:15:47 AM »
Recently had a chance to visit the college football hall of fame in Atlanta.  It is very well done. When you walk in there you get a badge and register your email address and your school.  Then as you go to certain displays the display recognizes the badge and it shows highlights and history of your school.  I think some schools send in memorabilia, especially with things pertaining to their most memorable games, championships, or something that makes their school stand out.  James Madison had a small display for example, although they have minimal tradition.  However, with all of the championships and tradition as well as our unique coaching history and coaches produced, we have nothing there except for an electronic display regarding Tressel.  A lot of people visit this place.

I had YSU gear on and when I walked in the door.  The people working there are college football junkies.  They immediately noticed Youngstown State they were very interested in my perspective.  They relayed info to other people working on different floors pf the building they came over and stopped me and started conversation.  They all seemed really impressed with the coaching history and all of the prominent coaches with connections.  They were telling me things I already knew but it was impressive that they knew so much detail. 

I think it would be good for us to send something regarding coaching and coaching trees, championships, the comeback win over Villanova and FAMU etc..over to them.  The Bison even had an ESPN display and an interactive game day experience where you get to pick the winner etc.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 10:51:44 AM by penguinpower »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: College Football Hall of Fame Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 10:30:01 AM »
Another example of the incompetence of our marketing and sports information department. Good post. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 10:52:48 AM »
I will say that Ohio State was not very well represented either, but scUM stuff was everywhere

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »
Thanks for the information, Power.  From Dike Beede's penalty flag through the events of the Tressel years to the miracle catch at Eastern Washington, there is so much that could enhance our national reputation by interacting with that museum.  Unfortunately, as Go noted, that would require athletic department employees who are competent.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 01:27:04 PM »
Thanks for the information, Power.  From Dike Beede's penalty flag through the events of the Tressel years to the miracle catch at Eastern Washington, there is so much that could enhance our national reputation by interacting with that museum.  Unfortunately, as Go noted, that would require athletic department employees who are competent.

Well said!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 01:46:23 PM »
Name-calling really does not do any good. I mean if this is funded through money from the colleges and universities, it may not be worth the investment. Then again we may not be that aware. I know that occasionally Trevor takes a quick walk through here, but why not send it to him? ysusports@gmail.com is the general email for communications. tparks@ysu.edu is his direct address. Send any pics. Do you have anything that we can see?

Offline sandman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 05:55:30 PM »
    Dike Beede's penalty flag was on display when i went to the HOF a few years ago.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 05:42:14 PM »
Don’t see any name calling. It’s THEIR job to get the word out and promote YSU athletics.  I would think with all the championships and famous coaches that the HOF would be interested and good publicity.  But at times I feel we don’t think much past our area and thinking outside the box happens much there.  We have posted many ideas on here.
A Penguin for life!!!