Author Topic: YSU Football Media Coverage  (Read 3181 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU Football Media Coverage
« on: August 18, 2018, 11:25:05 PM »
The Trib has left Vindy in the dust when it comes to coverage of anything YSU.  Since Vindy lost Scalzo to the Canton Supository we haven't had good coverage from them.  Not sure who Puskas works for anymore but there just isn't enough from Vindy.  What is up with that Vindy? Indiana State has better coverage and they aren't really a football school.  I don't give a crap about HS football and the Uncle Rico's (here is the reference for those that don't know what I'm talking about https://youtu.be/xL-VX3WbA9U) that live in Youngstown are getting too old to sit and watch the HS games. It is time that YSU gets the coverage it deserves.  There should be 6 small articles per day or two more involved ones.  There is plenty to write about, especially with the conference being as good as it is, the state of the program, players, and campus facilities, as well as a storied program and coaches present at YSU.  This is just unacceptable anymore.

It is ridiculous that the coverage from the newspaper residing in the county seat doesn't hold a candle to the coverage from a newspaper that is further away. 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 11:27:41 PM by penguinpower »

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU Football Media Coverage
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 11:46:46 PM »
The Trib has left Vindy in the dust when it comes to coverage of anything YSU.  Since Vindy lost Scalzo to the Canton Supository we haven't had good coverage from them.  Not sure who Puskas works for anymore but there just isn't enough from Vindy.  What is up with that Vindy? Indiana State has better coverage and they aren't really a football school.  I don't give a crap about HS football and the Uncle Rico's (here is the reference for those that don't know what I'm talking about https://youtu.be/xL-VX3WbA9U) that live in Youngstown are getting too old to sit and watch the HS games. It is time that YSU gets the coverage it deserves.  There should be 6 small articles per day or two more involved ones.  There is plenty to write about, especially with the conference being as good as it is, the state of the program, players, and campus facilities, as well as a storied program and coaches present at YSU.  This is just unacceptable anymore.

It is ridiculous that the coverage from the newspaper residing in the county seat doesn't hold a candle to the coverage from a newspaper that is further away.

As I said the same thing many time in the past on this site, Tribune had had more write ups on YSU athletics than Vindy. I subscribed to both papers. Joe Simon wrote good YSU football articles on the Tribune. Their coverages on YSU Men's basketball were also more frequent and better. Vargas writes good indepth YSU MBB articles on Tribune.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 09:02:11 AM »
Vindy has had a couple write ups the last few days. Haven't seen anything from the Tribune...

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »
Although I too think it is not enough, the Vindy has been much better than the Trib in YSU football recently.