Author Topic: Time for Monty and 1AA to go?  (Read 27094 times)

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Time for Monty and 1AA to go?
« on: January 07, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
For many many years we've had the same issue with Monty, once his game plan is figured out its game over for the offense, they cant score and he's just one of the worst coaches in the world with in game adjustments.  and its not just the players at this point, he's had many recruiting classes worth of players to fix this, at this point in his tenure its just horrible coaching and scheming.  youre players adapt to the coaching staff, and monty is as weak as they come once a team as figured him out.

With that being said, for years and years 1AA has attacked and unreasonably told others to stop blaming Monty and blame the players, going as far as saying they quit on him and dont follow the game plan or dont play hard enough, its not only that, but he will not let a single person have a negative opinion on monty without threatening a ban or to close a thread

thats the whole purpose of a forum, to have different opinions and too vent. If thats not allowed then why have a forum or why let one person ruin the forum and force you to talk about only the things they want to hear?

I think its time we got some fresh blood at OC, and on the admin front unless both attitudes are changed in terms of coaching and moderating.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Time for Monty and 1AA to go?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:17:55 AM »
Monty, Strollo, and Slocum are here for as long as they wish to be at NAU (No Accountability U...unless you are a player).  I don't even comment on MBB threads anymore...if you want to suck...then suck...I'm not wasting my time with them.

My understanding is 1AA owns this forum.  His house, his rules.  There was a website, Let'sGoGuins.com , that I really liked, but it died due to low volumes.....more of a function of the lack of interest that the Strollo era created more than the site itself.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »
I don't even comment on MBB threads anymore...if you want to suck...then suck...I'm not wasting my time with them.

I will believe it when I see it; or shall I say DO NOT see it.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
Well 1990 the good news is that 1AA has obviously read your post and it is still here. People can dis-agree, that is fine, people get banned when they go overboard. Simple as that.

Nation, you are right it is his forum I do not pretend to know what happened to the other forum but suspect the cost and work involved to maintain it were a factor.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

ytowngirl

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 12:40:10 PM »
Well may it's time for another forum.  I'll look into making one.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
"It's an achilles heel to lack elusiveness and escapability at QB when you are playing a defense able to penetrate the pocket like NDSU and JMU.  It's tough enough to get yardage, let alone overcome consistently negative yardage at the QB spot.  I'm not talking about tucking and running every play...just making a gain out of an otherwise busted play.  Wells have had modest improvement in that regard in the post-season, especially versus EWU, but it's always going to be a liability. Bo is gone after 2018, but if he's looking at 2019, Mays would be a Senior with a full skill set and years of experience.  Mays running a few token plays/game is better than nothing...but I'd seriously consider committing to his future as a Penguin."

So Nation, what a rational a well-thought post. If you did this all the time you would be the top-contributor on the board. Except this is so rare. What you and ytowngirl really want is a smack board where you can call your AD and coaches names. However, this is my board and I am not going to permit that. You can dislike any player, coach or staff member you like ...as a fan I may disagree, but as a moderator, I could care less. It is the the attacks that you make on them that are not permitted. I mean we have trolls that are not as bad a you can be at times.

The reason I moved this thread is because you are making about the board, so this where it belongs.

ytowngirl

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »
"It's an achilles heel to lack elusiveness and escapability at QB when you are playing a defense able to penetrate the pocket like NDSU and JMU.  It's tough enough to get yardage, let alone overcome consistently negative yardage at the QB spot.  I'm not talking about tucking and running every play...just making a gain out of an otherwise busted play.  Wells have had modest improvement in that regard in the post-season, especially versus EWU, but it's always going to be a liability. Bo is gone after 2018, but if he's looking at 2019, Mays would be a Senior with a full skill set and years of experience.  Mays running a few token plays/game is better than nothing...but I'd seriously consider committing to his future as a Penguin."

So Nation, what a rational a well-thought post. If you did this all the time you would be the top-contributor on the board. Except this is so rare. What you and ytowngirl really want is a smack board where you can call your AD and coaches names. However, this is my board and I am not going to permit that. You can dislike any player, coach or staff member you like ...as a fan I may disagree, but as a moderator, I could care less. It is the the attacks that you make on them that are not permitted. I mean we have trolls that are not as bad a you can be at times.

The reason I moved this thread is because you are making about the board, so this where it belongs.

No we would like a board where people can disagree with the owner and you not be all butt hurt.  We can be as critical as we want to about coaches and the AD.  That's not trolling that's just difference of opinion. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 06:48:31 PM »

No we would like a board where people can disagree with the owner and you not be all butt hurt.  We can be as critical as we want to about coaches and the AD.  That's not trolling that's just difference of opinion.

No Girl. Trolling is going on a board at looking to promote and dominate on what is usually a single topic. That is why it is popular on news and political boards. Nation will take any topic and turn it into a "Fire Monty" fest. That is textbook trolling and it chases member away. He could just as easy make his point and stay quite, but then he falls down in the thread and feels the need to push his personal opinion to the top again. I simply respond in kind as a demonstration. I am tired of good topics being ruined.

Another trolling example. One could type "I think Ron Strollo made a mistake there. He could have ....". Instead of this, we get name calling, as if anyone here really knows who "Moron" is so he repeats it OVER and OVER. That is again trying to control a topic. I could be wrong, but I consider that trolling as well. Heck Nation and a couple of others have asked me for a smack board. I do not do it because I do not have time to police it. You do know that YSU could "pull the plug" on this (or any board) if they wanted to ...correct? I am very fair and allow all opinions to be heard, just do not attack people ...on or off the board.