Author Topic: Frisco Roll Call  (Read 50253 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Frisco Roll Call
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »
Well, I just got confirmation my vacation request was approved!!!! I can go to the game!!! I just need to find and pay for my flight. According to kayak, cheapest one is 377 round trip. Anyone have recommendations on where to stay? I really can't wait I need to pull the trigger. Dang I wish I could have known back when their were $200 flights...

Hey Yo, I just looked at Spirit.  $225 roundtrip from CAK to DFW.  outbound is a direct.  I started taking Spirit to CAK when Allegiant dropped service to YNG from SWFL. Spirit is an a la carte airline that'll nickle and dime you if u allow it, but if u r frugal u can save big. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »
Nation, that is perfect because I live in Akron anyway due to my job. I don't know why I didn't see that? I've flown spirit before, and I dont have a negative opinion of them. What flight number and what is the departure and return date? Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 02:41:59 PM »
Flight times. Website didn't show flight #s.

Akron/Canton
Dallas/Ft. Worth   CAK
DFW   Friday
January 6, 2017   Departure:
Arrival:   
7:00AM
1:25PM

Dallas/Ft. Worth
Akron/Canton   DFW
CAK   Sunday
January 8, 2017   Departure:
Arrival:   
4:20PM
11:01PM
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2016, 02:55:40 PM »
Hmm... I found that same stuff but when I go through the whole thing to book that exact set on spirit it gives me a total of $501.18 with tax. I found cheaper on kayak. The price they are showing is each flight. So the first flight is like 225 and the second flight (return flight) is about the same price. Add taxes and fees and the price for the total spirit flight is 501... dang. I appreciate the help though Nation. I was really hoping that they did have it as described, would have loved 225 round trip price...

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2016, 03:02:21 PM »
345 round trip on Southwest out of CAK if you can come back on Monday

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »
my bad.  I was reading the the price for each way.  I'm surprised its so high.  I flew from FL to CAK three weeks ago for less than 100.  Good luck.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »
345 round trip on Southwest out of CAK if you can come back on Monday
Do these have one stop each way ? Yo I found a round trip bargain flight for you on Expedia for $268 that leaves Friday and returns Monday..It did not offer any other details
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:11:43 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2016, 07:51:44 PM »
my bad.  I was reading the the price for each way.  I'm surprised its so high.  I flew from FL to CAK three weeks ago for less than 100.  Good luck.

Flights were cheap until the people with corporate sponsors tickets booked all of the flights.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2016, 09:18:11 PM »
Thanks to everyone trying to help me. As an update, I am going with a party of three (including myself) to frisco! Flights are booked now. My work gave me Friday and Saturday off, but I actually work Sunday night still, so I had to come back Sunday. My flight was $410 round trip out of Canton Akron. Leaves thursday night at 8pm but has one stop with a 36 minute layover. Arriving in Dallas on Friday at 12 am. So I'll be in Dallas a day early! I just need to buy my tickets to the game and hotel now!  fb ;D

Anyone on here going interested in meeting up for a tailgate on Saturday???

Offline steelscuba

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2016, 10:30:25 PM »
I was going to ask the same thing! We would love to meet up with other YSU fans in the tailgate lot. 

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2016, 10:43:40 PM »
Tailgate lot opens at 9 a.m. according to the info I have. 9:50 is the YSU pep rally! I plan on going to that as well.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2016, 11:58:35 PM »
Tailgate lot opens at 9 a.m. according to the info I have. 9:50 is the YSU pep rally! I plan on going to that as well.

We need to get a beer together. Good job getting the weekend off. Let me know if you hear about a tailgate

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2016, 12:19:36 AM »
What so you guys want me to buy?

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2016, 12:21:32 AM »

You can start tailgating at 7:00AM...

7 a.m.   Parking lots open   Toyota Stadium Lots Red, Blue and Green
8:30 a.m.   NCAA Experience Gates Open          (NCAA Experience Ticket required)   Toyota Stadium River Club
8:30 a.m.   Youngstown State team arrival and walk to stadium Along Lamar Hunt Way between World Cup Way and Toyota Stadium
8:30-11 a.m. NCAA Experience VIP Hospitality Event (NCAA Experience Ticket required)   Toyota Stadium River Club
8:45 a.m.   James Madison team arrival and walk to stadium   Along Lamar Hunt Way between World Cup Way and Toyota Stadium
9 a.m.   Gates open to public   Toyota Stadium
9 a.m.   Tailgate Town opens   Toyota Stadium - North Concourse
9:50 a.m.   Youngstown State Pep Rally   
Tailgate Town – Toyota Stadium North Concourse
10:10 a.m.   James Madison Pep Rally   Tailgate Town – Toyota Stadium North Concourse
11 a.m.   Championship Game   Toyota Stadium

TAILGATING
Tailgating is a longstanding college football tradition and will be allowed in stadium parking lots. To ensure that fans have a safe and enjoyable experience, spectators are asked to adhere to the following regulations on game day, unless specifically authorized to do otherwise by the NCAA:

• Possession and consumption of alcohol in the Stadium parking areas is subject to the laws and regulations of the State of Texas and/or City of Frisco. Police will patrol these areas and enforce all applicable laws.
• No kegs or other common source containers.
• No tents larger than 10’ x 10’ and must be located in front of a parked car or within the four spaces allocated to a recreational vehicle.
• Tailgating activities that take up vacant parking spaces or interfere with pedestrian or car traffic flow within or around a parking lot are prohibited.
• Parking permit holders are responsible for functions they host in their parking spaces.
• Open flames other than grills are not permitted.
• Pop-up tents and canopies must be secured or dismantled if left unattended.
• Lots open at 7 a.m. All spectators are encouraged not to come before this time as traffic lineups will not be permitted. Parking lots will stay open after the game, but all vehicles must be off property by 11:30 p.m. that night.
• All cars in the stadium parking lots must keep their parking pass displayed at all times, or be subject to towing.
• No corporate signage is permitted at any time unless prior written approval by the NCAA has been obtained.
• No couches or upholstered furniture.
• Spectators who want to watch television or use other entertainment devices that require electricity are allowed to do so as long as they provide their own power and video sources.
• No outside food vendors are allowed without the permission of the NCAA or Toyota Stadium.
• Pets are permitted but must be kept on a leash at all times.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:23:19 AM by peteonastick »
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2016, 12:39:58 AM »
Ah thanks for correcting me! I think my group and I will be there to cheer the team on to the stadium at 8:30 for sure (that's like 930 here). I myself will want to be at the tailgate lot at 7 given that is when it opens, but we will see if I can convince the rest of them  fb