Author Topic: Guins vs. Bison: In game thread  (Read 33063 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. Bison: In game thread
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2016, 06:36:35 PM »
4  times inside the 5 and 3 points. WTF????

Fire the coach!! pick one or all :)

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2016, 06:40:46 PM »
What???????

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2016, 06:42:18 PM »
Not sure I can blame coaching. Way too many mistakes killed us. 

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »
Hunter Wells gives us the best chance to win lmfao... U idiots got what u wished for!!! I would be pissed if this dude was the starting qb at my high school and y'all wanted him to start for your D1 college team

Wells:  4 turnovers in 2 games, zero TDs in 2 games, fumbled snaps, negative rushing yards.....

If a deal was made that #6 would be our starter, it doomed a deep playoff drive.  I'm not even confident of playoffs w/ an offense since Wells was QB that can't even score a TD.  If such a deal was made, I suspect Wells accepted it as D2 schools were likely passing on him.

The offense looked piss poor before #6 ever came back. Monty needs a new home 5 years of bad offense in big games is enough. Plus YSU has not had an offensive line in years worth a sh**.

Yes, but we never had a game pre-Wells with no offensive TDs, and now we have zero offensive TDS w/ Wells.  Minus 34 yards rushing, 2 turnovers, zero TDs....these are unreal stats.

We were in dire straights when Trent and Ricky were injured, but to select a QB that led us (w/ the #1 pass D in the FCS) to a 5-6/3-5 record in 2015 is plain stoopid. It was choosing to lose.  Mays today had zero fumbled snaps, zero turnovers, and  positive rushing yards.  I'm not saying he's the next Jaws, but at least there's a chance of him progressing and the offense producing.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2016, 06:45:51 PM »
You want this team to be in the post-season? Not I said the blind man. Worse than not being in the play-off is being in there and looking like fools.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2016, 06:46:25 PM »
Bishop's father ... he does. O play calling was quite good today ...if you do not see then you do not see it. These announcers are hillarious. "how did they hold"? Gee a 6-yard fumble loss was not even mentioned ....LOL

Play calling was horrible

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2016, 06:47:31 PM »
Bishop's father ... he does. O play calling was quite good today ...if you do not see then you do not see it. These announcers are hillarious. "how did they hold"? Gee a 6-yard fumble loss was not even mentioned ....LOL

Bull crap

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2016, 06:49:43 PM »

Bull crap

No pints in 12 quarters.  One TD in garbage time in 16 quarters.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2016, 08:03:25 PM »
post deleted. Has nothing to do with what the post was about. I said today's play calling was good. stick to the topic.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
post deleted. Has nothing to do with what the post was about. I said today's play calling was good. stick to the topic.

If you can't score the play calling is not good.  Perhaps the play calling is not good for our players.  Montgomery is so predictable that I called the draw on the first play of the second half.  NDSU knew it too.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2016, 10:00:26 PM »

If you can't score the play calling is not good.  Perhaps the play calling is not good for our players.  Montgomery is so predictable that I called the draw on the first play of the second half.  NDSU knew it too.

Uh oh, watch yourself! Don't disagree too much or point out the obvious deficiencies of his boy Monty or he will delete your posts too.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2016, 10:33:17 PM »

Uh oh, watch yourself! Don't disagree too much or point out the obvious deficiencies of his boy Monty or he will delete your posts too.

Yes censorship because he is in denial of the obvious.  It isn't personal.  If it were a business he wouldn't make the cut.  The record is there to prove it.  2 big wins in 8 years.  2011 in NDSU and Pitt.  That's it.  Wish I could do two thing right in 8 years and still have a job.  The data isn't there to support the love fest and loyalty.  If he was so good he would coach the WR coach to get the WR's better.  He would also develop a QB, which I haven't seen.  No one has gotten better after their sophomore year under Montgomery.  No one.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2016, 10:36:19 PM »
Sad thing is they are losing fans as the interest wanes.  :(

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2016, 10:46:21 PM »
Sad thing is they are losing fans as the interest wanes.  :(

Great point.  I spoke to several devoted tailgaters and diehards that turned the game off because the offense was unwatchable.  That is telling in itself. Well coached offenses don't make the mistakes we make. Well coached offenses don't run the read option with an immobile QB.  But we did.  There is zero creativity too, especially in the red zone.

The worst part is that the pieces are there. And if anyone says that we don't have the talent.......that responsibility falls squarely on Montgomery's shoulders.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:49:02 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2016, 11:36:38 PM »
I turned it off. Couldn't watch anymore. Montgomery must go.