Author Topic: Guins vs. Bison: In game thread  (Read 33028 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Guins vs. Bison: In game thread
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2016, 11:47:42 PM »
post deleted. Has nothing to do with what the post was about. I said today's play calling was good. stick to the topic.

If you can't score the play calling is not good.  Perhaps the play calling is not good for our players.  Montgomery is so predictable that I called the draw on the first play of the second half.  NDSU knew it too.

Uh oh, watch yourself! Don't disagree too much or point out the obvious deficiencies of his boy Monty or he will delete your posts too.

Yes censorship because he is in denial of the obvious.  It isn't personal.  If it were a business he wouldn't make the cut.  The record is there to prove it.  2 big wins in 8 years.  2011 in NDSU and Pitt.  That's it.  Wish I could do two thing right in 8 years and still have a job.  The data isn't there to support the love fest and loyalty.  If he was so good he would coach the WR coach to get the WR's better.  He would also develop a QB, which I haven't seen.  No one has gotten better after their sophomore year under Montgomery.  No one.

No the censorship is personal. Call for someone's head all you want ...as if I give a crap. I do not run a smack board. Call a man incompetent, inept, or anything you want and call for his job ... Just keep it there. BTW there has only been two Qb's since Montgomery started. Now the first one improved after his sophomore season. The jury is still out on the second ...today was only his second game in a junior campaign. You could use Davis as an example. He certainly improved ...so bad point. Of course not one of you is willing to admit the possibility that with Wells in from day-1 we do not have this problem that we have now.

BTW ...god forbid I question the defensive play-calling, as that means I said "the defense sucks". Yet a team just easily ran for almost 250-yards against us and average 7.9 yards-per-pass. So let's hear the excuses about being tired and everything else aside from the fact that we did not have the right personnel in the right places, safeties and End's constantly MIA against the run (at least in the first half). LB's were confused all night & that was the second-worst QB that we have faced all year. Heck no that would be going against one or both men named Pelini and they are just perfect. Seriously, not a single mention of our lousy line play and coach Carm?

So let's just fire a good coach and make another HS coach a coordinator ...then we will have 2. I think we really have a good shot against the Ursuline Irish this year.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:51:49 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2016, 05:45:24 AM »
post deleted. Has nothing to do with what the post was about. I said today's play calling was good. stick to the topic.

If you can't score the play calling is not good.  Perhaps the play calling is not good for our players.  Montgomery is so predictable that I called the draw on the first play of the second half.  NDSU knew it too.

Uh oh, watch yourself! Don't disagree too much or point out the obvious deficiencies of his boy Monty or he will delete your posts too.

Yes censorship because he is in denial of the obvious.  It isn't personal.  If it were a business he wouldn't make the cut.  The record is there to prove it.  2 big wins in 8 years.  2011 in NDSU and Pitt.  That's it.  Wish I could do two thing right in 8 years and still have a job.  The data isn't there to support the love fest and loyalty.  If he was so good he would coach the WR coach to get the WR's better.  He would also develop a QB, which I haven't seen.  No one has gotten better after their sophomore year under Montgomery.  No one.

No the censorship is personal. Call for someone's head all you want ...as if I give a crap. I do not run a smack board. Call a man incompetent, inept, or anything you want and call for his job ... Just keep it there. BTW there has only been two Qb's since Montgomery started. Now the first one improved after his sophomore season. The jury is still out on the second ...today was only his second game in a junior campaign. You could use Davis as an example. He certainly improved ...so bad point. Of course not one of you is willing to admit the possibility that with Wells in from day-1 we do not have this problem that we have now.

BTW ...god forbid I question the defensive play-calling, as that means I said "the defense sucks". Yet a team just easily ran for almost 250-yards against us and average 7.9 yards-per-pass. So let's hear the excuses about being tired and everything else aside from the fact that we did not have the right personnel in the right places, safeties and End's constantly MIA against the run (at least in the first half). LB's were confused all night & that was the second-worst QB that we have faced all year. Heck no that would be going against one or both men named Pelini and they are just perfect. Seriously, not a single mention of our lousy line play and coach Carm?

So let's just fire a good coach and make another HS coach a coordinator ...then we will have 2. I think we really have a good shot against the Ursuline Irish this year.

I'll tell you what, you go ahead and hire a play caller and I'll go ahead and hire a coordinator and I bet you I come out ahead 100% of the time.  Montgomery is in a leadership position and the A falls on him to ensure his other coaches are teaching them correctly, and if they aren't  he needs to step in.  I saw Pelini rip into Bricillo on the sideline.  He also needs to help the WR coach etc.

As a play caller he puts in read-option plays with QB that cannot run them.  Who's he fooling?  You think Wells is going to keep it?  Everyone knows this, including our competitors, but the issue is that the OL is forced to hold their blocks longer in the play which complicates the entire situation.  We didn't throw to the tight end once.  We were in a game where the QB needed to dump the ball off quickly and we ran many plays that had deep complicated routes that took too long to develop.  We have an OL that is not athletic at all yet we want them to hold blocks for long routes.  Not scoring a TD in 12 quarters is a joke, especially with the pieces we have on offense.

Yes he had some breakdowns in defense, but we have held the best teams in the country to 24 points and we've only given up 24 when the offense has basically spotted 10 unearned points to the opposition with interceptions early in the game.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 10:05:11 AM by penguinpower »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2016, 09:31:15 AM »
The only good thing to come out of this game is I thought we were very efficient in the passing game for once this season  with know drops against a great defense. The turnovers by Wells are another story and are on him. To control the time of possession in this game and the amount of plays run and still come away with 3 points is tough to stomach. Vitas made a comment to the Vindicator that it has been very difficult with all of the changes on offense, but felt like it was a matter of time untill the offense gels. I have know idea if there are any in clubhouse issue's, but it make 3 straight weeks a different caller has called into the 5th quarter show and expressed concerns with Bo and the team. I think the special teams overall took a step back yesterday and I thought the 7.5 yards per rush minus their best rusher was very high. If Wells continues to play he needs to be under center each and every play. It's hard for our lineman to sustain their blocks on the lateral plays. We need to focus on a Southern Illinois team that beat a very good S.D. team..I didn't see that one coming !!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2016, 11:39:21 AM »
I like the comment Fever. I am in a bit of disagreement on staying under center. Here me out.

There are two objectives of the changes that were made on offense going into this year ...1. a more mobile QB 2. increased TOP to rest the defense.

Now if we are not planning on going up-tempo ...then I am with you (at least for increased time under-center). However, if we are looking for points ...we need to get our rhythm back and that is from the gun.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2016, 04:49:29 PM »
https://youtu.be/VWKamliGB3g  Interesting comments from coach K after the game

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2016, 10:11:07 PM »
YSU has a solid D,  you will get your offense figured out in offseason in my opinion.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2016, 10:58:22 AM »
YSU has a solid D,  you will get your offense figured out in offseason in my opinion.

I'm thinking this week. Bo's presser says big changes  ::)