Author Topic: YSU Ladies  (Read 9821 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU Ladies
« on: December 12, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
Destroy Kent by 30. Way to go ladies.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU Ladies
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:08:05 PM »
I love it!!!!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:35:05 PM »
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »
Down by 15 to Detroit. Battle back and Cash hits 2 FT's with 5 seconds left for the win!

Offline penguin4ever

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 02:23:26 PM »
Great comeback!!  Go Guins

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 02:31:45 PM »
Heck, we had them all the way. Great job ladies.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

ValleyTalk

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 08:21:55 PM »
This group is going to be special. Two big ones at home this week. I would love to take down UWGB!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 09:51:03 AM »
At least the ladies team has a solid coach with winning attitude unlike Men'a program.  Great job lady guins!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 10:45:56 AM »
Unfortunately, I think Barnes will leave after this year for a larger program, and frankly he's earned it.  In the meantime, it'll be an exciting season.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 11:02:01 AM »
Unfortunately, I think Barnes will leave after this year for a larger program, and frankly he's earned it.  In the meantime, it'll be an exciting season.
May be we can talk him into staying at YSU to coach the men's team.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 02:49:13 PM »
Crazy talking Double ET from you. Woman's basketball and men's basketball are two different things.  I thought you knew more about basketball than to make a statement like that.  Recruiting is still the priority and could Coach Barnes win that war against major and MAC teams?
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 03:13:47 PM »
...and who would be so stoopid as to think a FB HC could be a University president??!!  Amiright??

Barnes would earn more $$ elsewhere as a WBB HC than Jerry's replacement, and have a larger budget, better facilities, etc.....so its a nonstarter.

But.....I have zero doubt Barnes would out coach and out recruit Jerry.  Some people are the can-do types, and just get the job done.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:14:43 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 06:57:49 PM »
Coach Barnes is a great coach, but I think we will have trouble with Green Bay and Wright State. Sara Cash is the real deal and is very important to keep out of foul trouble in these difficult games. We also need Janae Jackson in more to create offence. She seems to get into the dog house often.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 08:35:43 PM »
Crazy talking Double ET from you. Woman's basketball and men's basketball are two different things.  I thought you knew more about basketball than to make a statement like that.  Recruiting is still the priority and could Coach Barnes win that war against major and MAC teams?
I would argue that D1 and D2 men's basketball are two different things. According to your statement, Slocum should have never be hired as a D1 coach.

It might take Barns couple of years to transition to men's program. At the end,  I think he would be a better coach than Slocum. Coaching is coaching and recruiting is recruiting, either you can or you can't.  After all these years, Slocum has not made much improvement.

He could not generate enough interests for the fans to attend the game. I have watched YSU basketball for 50 years. When I was a student at YSU, I walked from campus to South High Field House to watch the game. Now, I would not walk across the campus from my office to attend the game.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »
Barnes is really good recruiter in the sense that he knows what kind of player he wants, goes and gets them and he and his staff have really developed them into ballers. Really has a knack for developing solid talent.