Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: YSU to Name Ethan Faulkner MBB Coach!
« Last post by ucfpengbuck on Today at 01:36:02 PM »
He'll play over seas and make some decent cash.  Very versatile .  Can handle the ball and his 3 point shooting will probably get better in Europe.   One of the best rebounders in YSU history.  Love his effort and ethuiasm,
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: YSU players.NIL
« Last post by Wick250 on Today at 12:59:44 PM »
The author made two very clear points: we lead the Horizon League in NIL and we are 13th in all of DI in NIL. Perhaps his information is inaccurate, but that is the meaning that he was trying to convey.

I believe the first assertion. Keep in mind that the Horizon League largely consists of schools located in big cities. In those places, the sporting public follows the professional teams or perhaps a nearby DI power. Only alumni care about their Horizon League sports programs. Conversely our business community loves to support YSU athletics (and the tax breaks that come with their donations.) I expect that we will always lead the Horizon League in NIL.

The statement that we are 13th nationally in NIL is so odd that it can probably be dismissed. Do keep in mind however that NIL has nothing to do with our athletic budget. It is private payments and sponsorship opportunities that go directly to our athletes.
« Last post by YsuPride on Today at 12:59:20 PM »
Burns too small and not enough talent.   He was good for us but overseas better option
« Last post by mudclods on Today at 12:48:05 PM »
There's no way DJ Burns is NBA material
« Last post by IAA Fan on Today at 10:29:26 AM »
We are  not 12th in NIL.  I looked it up.  We are near the bottom for athletic budget for all sports for D1.  I don’t know what that writer was referencing.

It reads like he’s trying to say 12 in the league, but if I’m not mistaken, we do not have 12 teams at this point in the league
« Last post by YsuPride on May 21, 2024, 03:18:46 PM »
Looks like we offered a high school junior a scholarship from Virginia.   Trey Henderson.
« Last post by YsuPride on May 21, 2024, 03:10:12 PM »
I thought that article was odd.
« Last post by YSUGO on May 20, 2024, 05:20:38 PM »
We are  not 12th in NIL.  I looked it up.  We are near the bottom for athletic budget for all sports for D1.  I don’t know what that writer was referencing.
« Last post by goodnews on May 20, 2024, 12:24:48 AM »
I couldn't agree more PRIDE!  The article is misleading to say the least.  They referenced the MBB being #12 in NIL.  Could they be more specific with details?

« Last post by YsuPride on May 19, 2024, 07:45:56 PM »
So if we are doing so well why do so many football players transfer out?   Cannot be making more somewhere else right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10