Author Topic: The game broadcast quality is an embarrassment  (Read 4185 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
The game broadcast quality is an embarrassment
« on: September 06, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
I want my money back. What a POS.  It is nearly 2015 and it is not HD and it stops constantly and digitizes.  Almost every other school was available on dish network. But not us.  I have high speed 58 k down and 10 k up and the thing looks like 1994 quality.   Message to the athletic department.  Your broadcast makes you look inept even though we know you guys tend to do a good job with this kind of stuff.   The issue is that the reach is far and it is bush league and isn't acceptable for a top program.  This is national advertising.   Cut costs by putting Hannon on the sound feed and upgrade the video quality all the way around.   Find out how to get this on dish ppv.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:56:39 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The game broadcast quality is an embarrassment
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
I can't even see the ball.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »
Why?  What could be more embarrassing than THE game itself????

To reread previous posts on the site....worried about Duquesne...  Glory be, I should have such worries!
Best part was half time interview with President Tressel.  As I have ALWAYS said "what a guy" .  Never in a mediocre game ran up the score.  He knew his worth.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 06:15:27 PM »
This broadcast can be viewed by the entire country.   That is why Pita.  This is advertising for YSU.   Everyone else has a better broadcast.   I mot talking about the announcers I'm talking about the video quality.   I'm not local so I am forced to but this substandard crap. And 570 doesn't have iheart radio timed with stretch Internet broadcast.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »
Excuse me, I only listened on radio.  Didn't think the game was worth more than listening, didn't mean to be critical.  I must be old as I find "me" b****ing about the Penguins, never thought it would be.  Geez, two more weeks of this, that will even be worse than today.  Terrible that no equally talented colleges want to schedule us not our ADs fault, I understand that.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 08:45:17 PM »
The video quality was terrible, many times the video just stopped and sometimes it would take about 3 minutes to return. It will be my 1st and last time I use "Stretch". As for the game; YSU looked great in the 1st half; then came the 2nd half. It was dominated by Duquesne! They owned the passing lanes and just like the previous 5 years, we can't hold our opponent's passing game.

We squeezed by with a win, but Duquesne played well and we will have major problems in the MVFC.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
Stretch Internet is probably run out of somebody's garage. Horrible.