Author Topic: Horizon league tournament  (Read 22577 times)

Lets_Talk

Re: Horizon league tournament
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 09:45:48 PM »
good news and others. With .6 seconds left, Oakland could have gotten off a very good shot. Especially with a guy like Bader.

And, while people love to harp on the last play of the game in a loss, there are many reasons for losing a game. YSU played very good in the 2nd half until the final 3 minutes. The foul by Amiker, or was it Cole, for shoving the player from Oakland was inexcusable. The Oakland player missed both FT's, but Oakland got the ball and scored. That was HUGE.

Did Slocum coach a perfect game? NO. But, neither did Kampe. His technical could have cost Oakland the game. And, then there was the decision to allow KP to score uncontested with 9 seconds left, and the decision not to foul and allow KP a wide open look on a 3 pointer to tie the game? The only problem is KP missed the shot.

KP played a hell of a game, and so did Bader. And, YSU did a very good job of defending Petros. The problem is, there is not much a team can do against a guy like Bader, just as there is not much a team can do against a guy like KP. They know how to score, they make big plays, and they do everything possible to will their teams to victory. Unfortunately, only 1 team can win a game, and once again it was Oakland and Bader getting win over KP and YSU.

Great career for KP. One of the best players in YSU history!!!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 09:47:56 PM »
I've watched at least 75% of the games in the Slocum era. This is by far and away the absolute worst and most embarrassing loss of his time at YSU.

KP. Best of luck in the NBA. You are an amazing student athlete, I just feel bad you have to go out like this.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »
I am a Jerry Slocum Supporter (rare on this board) but he let the Oakland coach sucker him into that play with .6 left.   He needed  his guys in the back court but not all out pressure.  I knew something like that was going to happen.  Saw Bobby Knight user a different version of that play 20 yrs ago.    Never saw that play with the guy running the baseline and a pick to set up the charge so all the credit to the Oakland coach.   I can only wonder if Slocum warned his players about a pick play during the time out.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 09:51:28 PM »
Kampe beat Slocum 3 times this year all at the end of the game.  Enough said.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 09:55:28 PM »
Lets_Talk........  Your attitude is great for the year 2014....... Everybody wins in your eyes... Everyone should  get a trophy for participating..... Most importantly the word ACCOUNTABILITY doesnt exist.... This is D1 athletics not your local 6 year old girls softball league....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:57:50 PM by goodnews »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 09:57:38 PM »
The Horizon League was down this year and all we can do is 6-11 on the conference with the best player in KP?
Cannot blame that on the players.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »

Lets_Talk

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 10:07:10 PM »
OMG!! You mean that was a college basketball game I watched? Could have sworn it was 6 year old girls softball. In that case, let me make a new post.

Slocum is the worst coach in history of college basketball. This years YSU team, with the exception of Kendrick Perry is the worst in the history of the HL. With YSU losing the game, all the players should be killed. The coaches should be tortured, and then killed, then fed to lions. No wait, let's feed them to lions while alive.

Foda-se!!!! Foda-se!!!! Foda-se!!!!!

This was total merda!!!!

Kill everyone involved with YSU athletics!!! Kill them!!! Kill them!!! Kill them!!!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:10:01 PM by Lets_Talk »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 10:59:23 PM »
In a sick sort of way, that bonehead play was an appropriate ending to this miserable season.  The 2013-2014 school year will be remembered in the annals of YSU sports as the time when we lost half of our season ticket base in football and half of our already tiny season ticket base in basketball. 

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »
If they had just hung back, game was over...

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 11:56:17 PM »
.6 seconds...  let them inbound the basketball then heave a shot... so unbelievably stupid...makes me wonder why I even care

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 11:58:18 PM »
I doubt any of the people giving their expert opinions on this board watched the game live as it happened.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 12:07:59 AM »
I won't even say anything because it's a lost cause.... Sigh. Just an embarrassing game, thanks for everything KP. Your the man.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 12:36:28 AM »
I watched it live and still cant believe what I saw.  I didnt even mention that Oakland played the last 4 minutes of OT with 3 bench players cause the starters fouled out.....  Can you imagine being Slocum and having to shake the hand of Oaklands Coach? Then driving back to Y-town on the bus and facing a very long off-season?  I feel for the guy but its on him and im afraid 2 out the 3 boobs that sit beside him a part of the problem...

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »
Two words.... LOSING.SEASON..... A freaking losing season, unreal!! But I shouldn't be surprised with this bum. What's that now, hmmmm. 7 losing seasons in 9 years! This team, with Kendrick Perry, 6-10 Bobby Hain, 2 sharp shooters in Weber and Kam lost 8 out of the last 10 games of the season, including 4 straight to end the season. Hey that Bader kid, he can shoot! Maybe we should double him and make somebody else beat us since he single handedly beat us 3 days ago..... Nah, we will let him go off for a career high 39 points and single handedly beat us again! Ha, I don't need to say anything more. Keep telling me why we should keep Slocum as head coach, go ahead. Because I don't know one other school who would put up with this mediocre coaching job. Go Guins!