Author Topic: Horizon league tournament  (Read 22583 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Horizon league tournament
« on: March 04, 2014, 07:54:42 PM »
Halftime. YSU down at Oakland 29-25.  Not too bad since we were 7 of 24 from the field.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:55:44 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Horizon league tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 08:15:23 PM »
Slocum can save face if he wins this one.  Low scoring game.  Kp needs to take charge.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »
deja vu in Oakland ............... #5 is trying to lose the game with bad passes and TOs.....

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »
THEY LOSE AND HE NEEDS FIRED..............

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »
I was waiting for a play like that especially since Oakland called a time out.  If slocum didn't instruct them about this then it's on him.   I saw Bobby Knight run a play against OSU about 20 yrs ago.  Freeking unbelievable!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »
Just pathetic coaching.  This game should have been over.  Are you freaking kidding me?   

Lets_Talk

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »
The end of regulation was just a well execute play by Oakland. Cannot blame that on Slocum. It's not his fault Larson was was not paying attention for a pick.

Wow!! What a game. But, what else would we expect from YSU -vs- Oakland?

GO PENGUINS!!!!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »
Webber needed to miss the 2nd ft and we're on to GB.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »
You don't put your players with 1 second to go anywhere near the oakland player.  What is the chance of them hitting a full or half court shot?   Slocum is dumb as they come when the game is on the line.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »
Forget the pathetic coaching Pride are you watching the same game? This is without doubt the most pathetic performance I have ever witnessed. The clear two worst teams in the conference battling the title of most-pathetic. WE WIN. You know what it does not even mater if we win the game. OU fans will be rolling on the floor for decades.

Slocum did not tell Belin to attempt two hopeless threes that had zero chance. Slocum did not tell Weber to swish that free-throw. Slocum did not tell the team to go 1 for 8 in the last 1:17, or foul that free-throw machine. This is just prep basketball in disguise, with a low-class football play to end the regulation. We just need to lose and call this season over. As if we have a chance to win this one in 10 OT's.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:38:02 PM by IAA Fan »

Lets_Talk

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »
Pride, I agree with 1AA fan. Putting Larson on the OU player in-bounding the ball was NOT a coaching mistake. There was .6 seconds left. That is more than enough time for a game winning or tying shot.

On a different note, KP and Bader are putting on a show!! Wow these 2 are fun to watch play against each other!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:30:56 PM by Lets_Talk »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »
Coaches are repsonsible for performance last time I checked.  How many close games do we lose and not hold the coach responsible.   Are you guys smoking crack?   Good night all.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:37 PM »
Talk about a poor coaching decision. I cannot believe OU allowed KP to get a wide open look at a game tying 3 point shot. The ball did not go in, but that is not why YSU lost.

KP, thank you for an amazing career, and an amazing performance in your final game as a YSU Penguin!!!

As for YSU losing, I swear that YSU is the best program in college basketball at finding ways to lose games. And, this has been going on since the 84-85 OVC Championship Game. Does not matter the players or the coach. I've seen it so many times, nothing even surprises me any longer. Oh well, such is life as a fan of YSU basketball!!

GO PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:37:11 PM by Lets_Talk »

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 09:36:54 PM »
If we cant blame anyone than YSU has the WORST luck known to man.............. The odds of making a 3 quarter court shot are nill.... Oh well, YSU saves the travel money for not having to go to Green Bay..........  With the money saved maybe they can buy/pay for a BIG POST PLAYER that they cant recruit..

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »
Epic meltdown.   I feel like a baby and someone stole my candy out of my crib.    KENDRICK PERRY =  one of the all time great Penguins.