Author Topic: Basketball at UWM  (Read 11665 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Basketball at UWM
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »
Any word on tonight's contest? They had quite a bit of snow and temps below zero.

ValleyTalk

Re: Basketball at UWM
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »
Any word on tonight's contest? They had quite a bit of snow and temps below zero.
Lot of respect for YSU to only be a 2.5pt dog.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:24:38 PM »
First 10 min of game and the home town refs are killing us.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:18:57 PM »
The defense.... Just god awful. Non existent.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »
Lost by 6. Considering the other Horizon results tonight, that is a decent result on the road. Still, ugly first half shooting, especially from Belin that was missing, and I mean BADLY, from beyond the arc.

Another game in the 80s... Defense defense defense.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »
Watched this one. They sucked badly. No D. Jerry's kids have no O and depend on throwing up 3balls. Score doesn't indicate how bad they were. UWM was up 20 pts and played with them. Yep, that was the real YSU team. Maybe Strollo can buy them a place in the worst tournament, lol

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:44 PM »
Where' s JJ at now? Is he so depressed ysu lost that he jumped in the mahoning river?
Oh wait, he' s in slocums hotel room. So that's what those  checks he cuts to the athletic department pays for.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 11:19:39 PM »
FWIW, they are getting rid of the worst part of the schedule early.  After the UIC game Tuesday (a must win), 7/10 and 8/13 games are in Beeghly. 

8-8 still seems to be a reasonable expectation for the season.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 07:31:25 AM »
Scoring usually isn't a problem.... Against Warren Wilson and Thiel. This YSU team gives up so many easy baskets, it's crazy. For how great of a player KP is.... He can't go through scoreless stretches like he did in the 2nd half last night. I know he wants to get his teammates involved, but you gotta take over the game sometimes my man. Kam is way too inconsistent, and DJ isn't a pure scorer from the point. Ysu will struggle if they can't provide help to KP.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 08:35:15 AM »
slocum is an average coach and below average recruiter. I better watch what I say. some people cant handle the truth

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 08:47:53 AM »
Where' s JJ at now? Is he so depressed ysu lost that he jumped in the mahoning river?
Oh wait, he' s in slocums hotel room. So that's what those  checks he cuts to the athletic department pays for.

SMH to this post! It leaves me little hope for humanity and makes me question if all the positive things I'm trying to do for the Valley/YSU are all for not because of people like this.

I-AA Fan - is there a block feature on this site? Or do I just have to ignore everything Ray says?

It's one thing to disagree with someone, but it's another thing to say people are going into the coaches hotel room after what happened at Penn State and Syracuse. It's disgusting and disturbing.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 09:16:12 AM »

SMH to this post! It leaves me little hope for humanity and makes me question if all the positive things I'm trying to do for the Valley/YSU are all for not because of people like this.

I-AA Fan - is there a block feature on this site? Or do I just have to ignore everything Ray says?

It's one thing to disagree with someone, but it's another thing to say people are going into the coaches hotel room after what happened at Penn State and Syracuse. It's disgusting and disturbing.

Wow - talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Aren't you the guy calling other posters vulgar, derogatory names because you disagree with them?  Now its not good because someone said something vulgar about you?

You say you are trying to take a positive spin here, yet you call those who disagree with you idiots and turn their user names in to vulgar names?  Doing so undermines all the "positive" you claim to want to accomplish.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 09:18:39 AM »
All four home teams won last night.  Everyone held serve.  Agree that getting a road win at UIC is imperative on this trip.

Offline Wonderball

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 10:04:42 AM »
Here's my take on the game. We were tasked with defending a team with 2 inside guys. Guess what? Neither of them shot their average for the game. What we gave up for that effort was wide open threes from the perimeter which is why their guards scored half of their overall points. the perimeter defense was not good on Aaron and McWhorter. Who was guarding them? We need better defense from KP and Cole honestly.  We also did not get any benefit from the refs and the ticky tack fouls they called on us and not on them were a portion of the difference. We were outrebounded. Look at the stats. We need more rebounding from our big guys period!  I have seen this team every game this season in person or on video and they have been terrific at times and struggled others. This is not uncommon for any team. Hey Kamren had a rough shooting night, Weber shot lights out. They should have given him the ball more   Honestly this is a team we could have beaten if we had been more consistent shooting. Keep working Penguins! This team has alot of talent they just dont always make good decisions. That is something the coaches have to continue to work on.  There are some of us out here who are behind you and supporting you!!

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »
Slocum himself said his team "sucks" after the umass game.
JJ should volunteer to drive the bus for jerry and his kids. Those checks JJ is writing for ysu sports for $4.36 is really making a difference- slocum bought a new tie to go with the suit he bought from wal mart