Author Topic: Beep...Beep...Beep...  (Read 14801 times)

Offline MrGuin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Beep...Beep...Beep...
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:21:38 PM »
What's that sound? It's YSU backing into the playoffs. I wouldn't say they deserve it but I'm guessing it'll happen.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beep...Beep...Beep...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:37:04 PM »
If they do, it'll be because too many other ranked teams lost. On a side note sad to say that it would give strollo the opening he needs to grant Wolford an extension....

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
Chances are getting better for a bid. Lots of teams below us are losing today. The New Hampshire win may hurt us the most.

Z

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:44:29 PM »
What kill's YSU is the 3 game losing streak and each game lost looks worse...  :-\  8-4 and only 1 win against .500 team in our league. 

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »
If they are selected, they should decline the invitation. Completely undeserving. To lay an egg like that today in a game that important is inexcusable. Where's 0505 with his rosy outlook?

Spiderlegs

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
Brace yourselves, folks.  Looks like there are around 28 teams trying to get the 24 slots. YSU is definitely on the bubble, and this could go either way. Furman (five losses) gets the SoCon automatic bid, and Lafayette (losing record) gets the Patriot.  There will be lots of questions about what to do with Chattanooga, Samford, and Lehigh. There's also the thorny issue of taking Liberty (which has seven wins but not quality wins) over Charleston Southern. YSU was helped by Montana St. and William & Mary losing. Being 3rd in the strongest conference provides a good case.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 10:38:59 PM »
Lots of people on the boards and Twitter thinking YSU is in. We got a lot of breaks today. Will it be enough remains the question.

Despite the horrific performance we witnessed today, I am not about to give up on this team if they make it into the playoffs.

As an aside... What was with Wolford today? He has so much fire and so much passion, but he showed none of it today. My guess is he heard it, possibly from the league, about his behavior last week. However, our team played the way he looked on the sidelines... FLAT. He was not himself today, that is for sure.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »
Yes we are back in with this team. Unfortunately the university will use this play-off invite as an excuse to offer W an extension. I cannot believe I am hoping we do not get in. I can count the number of home games that I have missed in the past 30+ years on one hand. I hit at least one away game every year. ...yet I hope we do not make the play-off. I am just so disgusted and embarrassed by what my team has become.

Read this Mr. Strollo. I am a proud YSU graduate. living 3.5 hours away. I purchase 7 season tickets, Penguin Club (football and baseball), tailgate passes for both lots, and so much more. I deserve better. I have to suffer through a team with no size, speed. or strength. A style of football (at least defense) that does not even belong in the state of Ohio. We are Penguins ...It is more than just winning and losing (the later we have done so well these past few weeks) ...it is truly how you play the game. Decline this invite & pull this (what I hope is a short one) leash in.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:48:48 PM by IAA Fan »

Spiderlegs

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 10:53:17 PM »
Scalzo already has is column up after SDSU game.  Scalzo is right in that failing to give W an extension could affect recruiting.  Maybe a one-year extension is in order, but make it so that W can be released without a payout.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 10:54:51 PM »
Scalzo already has is column up after SDSU game.  Scalzo is right in that failing to give W an extension could affect recruiting.  Maybe a one-year extension is in order, but make it so that W can be released without a payout.
Let's see if we make it first. If we do, how far.

Sports Network is picking UNI in over YSU. Naturally Haley refused to pick YSU and went with a 7 win team that has a similar resume to YSU's last year.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 11:21:15 PM »
If they are selected, they should decline the invitation. Completely undeserving. To lay an egg like that today in a game that important is inexcusable. Where's 0505 with his rosy outlook?

Im here! Unfortunately, this team does not deserve the playoffs, but they most likely will get in. I just dunno what to think at this point.....

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 11:35:15 PM »
My prediction is that they are in and play at home versus Towson.  My next prediction is that Towson plays in the second round.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:41:43 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

ValleyTalk

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 11:40:25 PM »
My prediction is that they are in and play at home versus Towson.  My next prediction is that Towson plays in the second round.
Towson is getting a seed. No way they play us here first round because of that. Mediocre Butler or Lafayette IF we make it, are more likely options.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
Towson is getting a seed. No way they play us here first round because of that. Mediocre Butler or Lafayette IF we make it, are more likely options.

True....probably there'll be two CAA seeds.  Maybe Eastern Illinois...
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »
The Sportsnetwork must be getting a blowjob from UNI. UNI is the SEVENTH place team in the MVFC with a league record of 3-5 and 7-5 overall. That's better than the tie for 2nd Guins with a 5-3 and 8-4 records ?

Where is the reality at ?