Author Topic: That was ugly  (Read 13617 times)

Offline YTOWNALUM

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: That was ugly
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »
It's not just frustrating........ It's FUSTrating. 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »
I think that the defense played good enough to win.

Wolf is good at recruiting but he still needs to improve his game day coaching skills. Step one is to realize his weaknesses so he can work on them.

One problem with that guinpen ...he is the head coach and NEVER should have been hired without these skills. I also have very serious doubts about his recruiting skills. He recruits well for a track team, but this is football.

Ok, but here is the problem, how do you know if they have those game management skills unless they have been a head coach before. Now we also need someone that can recruit on the Division 1 level. We do not have the money to hire a proven head coach at the D1 level. So do we take a chance on a proven D2 coach and hope he can recruit D1 or hire someone who can recruit D1 and hope on the game management skills.

I certainly have not given up on Wolf, but I do think that, just like his players ( or any players for that matter ) he needs to recognize his weaknesses and work on improving them.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Pengwinz1

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
    Two weeks ago Wolf said after the game, that we have to get different guys on the field.  He went on to say keeping same guys in the same spots has been the problem.  In 3 years that he has been here, the coaching staff makee up most of the guys that have been in the same positions.  Where are all these big time recruits?  What has he turned around?  In 3 seasons, he has yet to match the winning percentage .545 of Heacock, in the season that we ran him out of town.  This staff did not inherit a losing team.  It was technically a winning team, abeit marginally.  They turned things around by going the wrong way.  The adjustments are nonexistent at half time.  The adaptation to the opposing teams adjustments are nonexistent.  Hess is a proven commodity!  The line hasn't been able to protect him in the second half the last few weeks.  OSU wins national championship with Krenzel as a junior.  Senior year after entire O-line is drafted, Krenzel looks horrible, gets injured, fans say he sucks.  Sound familiar?  They have had enough talent to win 58 minutes of numerous games the last 3 years, only to lose in last 2minutes.  The same players were on the field for the entire game.  They are out coached!  If you need much greater talent than the opponents in order to win, you are not a good coach, let alone a coach that will win a championship.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »
I think that the defense played good enough to win.

Wolf is good at recruiting but he still needs to improve his game day coaching skills. Step one is to realize his weaknesses so he can work on them.

One problem with that guinpen ...he is the head coach and NEVER should have been hired without these skills. I also have very serious doubts about his recruiting skills. He recruits well for a track team, but this is football.

BINGO
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 07:26:17 AM »
Bear Bryant as quoted by an opposing coach

"He can take his'n and beat your'n.  He can take your'n and beat his'n".

Think about it.

Offline YTOWNALUM

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 02:43:52 AM »
I don't know why we ever thought we'd be good.  With a coach that cant pronounce frustrating.   Anyway.... Wolf is a Perfect example of someone acting like a good coach instead of being a good coach. Everyone on this board bought into the hype.  Now you all are calling for a new coach.   Make up your mind.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 08:01:09 AM »
Yes it was very ugly.

I've been on here bashing the LBs the past 3 games.  I am now officially bashing the entire defense.  DL bad and so is the secondary (though I give them a little pass cause we have no pass rush).

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 08:40:55 AM »
Yes it was very ugly.

I've been on here bashing the LBs the past 3 games.  I am now officially bashing the entire defense.  DL bad and so is the secondary (though I give them a little pass cause we have no pass rush).
I agree. I fault the front 4 for not putting pressure on the QB and allowing 5-6 seconds to survey the field. I fault the LBs for not covering the underneath crossing routes. I fault the DBs for leaving receivers open time after time. When was the last time that our front 4 raised their hands trying to knock down the passesl on the underneath crossing routes? It was truly a team effort (or lack thereof).

I will continue to support the team. However, it is getting harder and harder to cheer for this coaching staff during the game.