Author Topic: Tressel Tribute  (Read 9962 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:53:53 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Tressel Tribute
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
I tried to add the video in your post Power, but it shows all of the WYTV videos in sequence. That would kill our speed. I am going to see if I can get a copy of this somewhere and add it to your post.

Great find! Talk about memories. I still remember Tamron's jumping in the lazy-boy. Tressel was still chewing him out on the field, as we were giving Smith a standing "O" for the record ...priceless. In my mind, that stop on 4th&1 against Marshall is the greatest play in my lifetime. Leon Jones!!!!! I have a couple photos, but that video is great.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »
What an outstanding video.  I watched it again.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »
I got a little tear in my eye watching this video.  This was the YSU Football I knew.  This was the Tressel I knew.  I thought this was OUTSTANDING. 

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »
The event was wonderful.  Tressel's presence was spectacular.  While he speaks up the greatness of other coaches and athletes, he shows the own qualities in himself.

The four play goalline stand ending with Chris Parker not making it in on 4th and 1 will remain the greatest.

Z

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
The event was wonderful.  Tressel's presence was spectacular.  While he speaks up the greatness of other coaches and athletes, he shows the own qualities in himself.

The four play goalline stand ending with Chris Parker not making it in on 4th and 1 will remain the greatest.

Z

fb You are so right Z fb
They actually ended up with 6 tries from inside the 1. We fouled them (supposedly) on a 2nd and goal bootleg. That moved it forward & we stopped them 4 more times. I remember all of the Marshall posters on this board ...it was a Yahoo board back then ...were complaining, but every replay and photo shows he did not make it across!!

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »
Too bad Teflon Tressel will be forever remembered as a cheater & liar
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:29:36 PM by Iceman »

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »
I had high hopes for Tress to run against Sherrod Brown, but I guess that is not happening now.

He would have destroyed him.

Great video
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »
Coach T will always be remembered to for what you see in that video. I do not know of anyone that sees him as a liar or a cheater ...in Ytown or Columbus. Now being a Zip holds a bad taste in my mouth :)

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 02:37:31 AM »
Coach T will always be remembered to for what you see in that video. I do not know of anyone that sees him as a liar or a cheater ...in Ytown or Columbus. Now being a Zip holds a bad taste in my mouth :)

Ok...why is he not still at OSU?  If you polled 100 college football fans, 80 say he's a cheater & liar.  He's been doing so since he was rigging raffles at youth football camps in his OSU assistant days.  Win at all costs is his motto

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 01:52:32 PM »
This is not really a coach T thread, more a YSU. However, if you are close to a program (any program) you, think differently than if it was some team you do not follow. So it is not that 80% of the fans would say he is a cheater & a liar ...it is just that 80% do not care enough do any research & will believe what the press tells them ...look at politics or movie stars, same thing. Also, coach T was an assistant to an assistant-coach, when they claimed he gave the kid a jacket for the prize. As if he was in any position to make these decisions? Furthermore, if he did ...so what?. Do we still cut people hands off for stealing as well? He was not even paid that first stint at OSU.

As to me, I am a YSU fan. So I followed the Buckeyes because they had a former Guin at the helm. I do not like IA/FBS ball, but when I do watch it, my new team is Michigan State, with another Guin at-the-helm. I would encourage everyone to do the same.

None of this changes the fact that Leone Jones stuffed that guy on 4&goal from inside the 1. None of this changes the fact that Tamron Smith scored the TD & jumped into the "Lazy Boy". He was the "thunder" part of the tandem (with the great Darnell Clark) known as 'Thunder and Lightening' and they reeked havoc on opposing defenses. Noe of this changes the fact that on opening drive against Marshall, Tamron broke through their defense on the first play. On the next, they packed the front and Clark took it end-around for 40-some yards. This does not change the fact that JMU kept the ball on 4th & short and we stuffed them as well. This does not change the fact the we crushed a Heisman trophy candidates team on nation television. It does not change the fact that Marcus Mason limped out on to the field & the opposition was still powerless to stop him from a winning TD. This type of play (on any team, at any level) is a reflection of their coaches. Now if you are not a YSU fan, then you do not know about these plays ...and why would you care enough to find out?

Now if you guys want to open up the topic, I can split this thread & move part of it to the non-YSU sports thread and let people "go at it". Heck I could care less what coach T did at OSU. I spend my fall Saturdays in Youngstown, and this video shows people why.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:00:17 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »

Ok...why is he not still at OSU?  If you polled 100 college football fans, 80 say he's a cheater & liar.  He's been doing so since he was rigging raffles at youth football camps in his OSU assistant days.  Win at all costs is his motto

What is your point?

If you polled 100 college football fans 85% would say EVERY coach is a cheater and a liar.

The media control what people believe.  Especially "single issue" people.  If the media did not control the masses belief system how in the world could a pathological narcissist even have a snowball's chance in hell of being re-elected?
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 07:44:02 PM »

What is your point?

If you polled 100 college football fans 85% would say EVERY coach is a cheater and a liar.

The media control what people believe.  Especially "single issue" people.  If the media did not control the masses belief system how in the world could a pathological narcissist even have a snowball's chance in hell of being re-elected?

I would agree with that comment.