Author Topic: Football signs four defensive players - first day of JUCO signing period  (Read 11578 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football signs four defensive players - first day of JUCO signing period
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »
red,

Astute comment.  Our critical needs are for secondary people AND special teams players.  If these guys can run down the field and actually tackle somebody, they will immensely improve our team.  Last year Wolford passed up A.J. Fox, a quality kicker from Mooney, in favor of the juco.  Turned out the juco had such a weak leg that our punter had to also handle kick-offs.  Bet he regrets that decision.  Heck, with the coaching change at Akron, go get Fox now. (discreetly, of course)

Thanks Wick!!  1st "astute" comment I've received credit for  ;D  Where did AJ end up?? I forgot about him and last year's recruiting.  Sadly, I'm getting old and my memory is "iffy"  :)

On this kicker thing; I'm just shocked how these kids on a scholarship can't hit the ball at least to the goal line in college.  Timmy (my son) and I was at the State HS Championship game in WKU's stadium a few weeks ago.  I tee'd up a HS football at the 30 and on my 3rd try I got it down to the goal line.  I wasn't very high but just sayin... I haven' t kicked a ball in 10 years or better.  I won't discuss the first attempt at it and how friggen sore I was the next two days LOL!!

Red, I think he meant "ass toot", just spelled it wrong.

:)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football signs four defensive players - first day of JUCO signing period
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 10:59:40 PM »
I've always said.....you can never get enough high quality, student athletes..... "character" guys.....from COMPTON, California, to build your program around !! They are MONEY......low risk to reward ratio...... :P

http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-angeles/72590-word-compton-ca.html

Where is Sir Demarco Bledsoe.....the "superstar" TCU (transfer)...pain in the azz.....when you need him????

He seems like Mother Theresa right now.

Somebody is feeling heat.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:18:00 PM by Pizza »