Author Topic: YSU vs Detriot  (Read 14096 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs Detriot
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »
Watched game on internet...I know my eye sight is bad i thought we looked very small...and if Detroit was down a few players why weren't we trying to play a little more up tempo? Seems like Detroit would want to slow the game down?

That was my initial thoughts as well.  But in looking at the stats YSU is not a very deep team right now.  All give starters average at least 31.2 minutes per game and Blake Allen is playing 38.3 mpg.  Chojnacki (12.3) is the only bench player averaging more than 10 minutes a game.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 08:44:46 AM »
By mid-year the starters are going to run out of gas unless we can get more minutes and scoring from our bench.  Our starters can compete with any league team but the bench is a huge drop-off.  Not impressed with Chonacki.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 10:38:12 AM »
I agree with you about Chojnacki, he sure does not impress me. He played 17 minutes against Detroit had 1 rebound and was 0-2 shooting. He is totally lost out there. Slocom is trying to get a big man to help out for future games, but Josh has a long, long way to go to help us in horizon league competition. :-\

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 10:51:23 AM »
Our remaining 1 or 2 scholarships for next year need to be post players 6-8 of bigger. 

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »
Our remaining 1 or 2 scholarships for next year need to be post players 6-8 of bigger.
Easy find.  Plenty of the 6-8 types out there that wants to come to Y-town for roundball  :-\

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »
I really think we have decent guards...but i agree we need to find a few big guys..if we did..i think we can do some damage..
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 11:09:12 PM »
In agreement with you big Red.  The phones are wringing off the hook with coaches and players who are big calling us to play basketball for us.  Ha.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"