Author Topic: YSU Vs. NDC  (Read 5382 times)

Offline ysuscuba

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU Vs. NDC
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »
Anyone else watching this game?   :o. I actully had a chance to speak with the Cleveland state coach after the big win and they really said some nice stuff about our program and the positive outlook for us.  Granted they just beat a top ten team.
"Any aquatic species that dares to swim past the coast of Japan will become extinct."

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU Vs. NDC
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »
I started to watch by video the 2nd half. I am not impressed with what I see. YSU looks pathetic - poor foul shooting, 7+ minutes without scoring, and had to call timeout because they couldn't beat a backcourt press. 

The team lacks quick ball movement and very little cutting through the middle. If this is what we can do against a weak Div 11 program, we will have another very poor year in the Horizon!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »
I don't know they looked solid against Samford. dry spells are correct though. Just could not pull away when we clearly have talent to do so. It was also the first game.

We had no issues in the first half today, and reserves in the second. CSU beat Rio Grande (an inferior club to Notre Dame) by almost the same margin.  Let's keep things going. So far this is a good basketball team IMO.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 10:59:06 PM »
Not a good performance going into a game against a mid major in Cal-riverside who almost beat UTEP the other night.  We will need a better effort this Friday to win.  Our bench is a concern.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 06:15:30 AM »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:16:35 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 07:33:39 AM »
I did not realize the young players were in early.

Offline A Penguin-Husky

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 07:56:11 AM »
We were at the game.  Coach's interview is spot on.  Their center looks like a true tight end.  We could not move him at all.  This will be a problem all year unless one of the bench players can get more physical with opponent big man. BTW their center was second team All-American last year in their division so he is a decent player.   We are mostly a perimeter team with some good shooters.  No doubt second half was due to loss of concentration as the game was in the bag by the 12 minute mark of first half.  Oh yes, that dude that Paladin said couldn't shoot now has over 100 3 pointers in his career.  :)   Team shares the ball well.  Looks like they are together as a group.  They gave Amiker a standing O when he scored his first basket.  Brooks had tough night shooting but played hard.  Maybe to was trying too hard and not relaxed.  Give 'em a bit of time.  Just wish our big guys had another 20 pounds on them.