YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs SIU

(1/4) > >>

ysubigred:
It's Thursday and no prediction thread yet.

Here it goes;

YSU 28 - 24 If we play 60 min

SIU 38 - 21 If we do the usual nap till half time.

IP?  What's the line on this game?

GooooGuins!!

Wick250:
SIU will be the first reasonably good defensive team that we have faced since Michigan State.  That is not a good thing, considering how badly the offense sputtered against a statistically bad South Dakota State defense.  On the other hand, SIU is struggling to score points in league games, getting shut down by North Dakota State and failing to score 25 against bad Missouri State and Western Illinois defenses.  If our defense was just average, I would feel quite good about this game.  Unfortunately, we are not even close to average.  Southern Illinois: 31-14.

IAA Fan:
I agree with both, but I think it will pan out more like last year. If we come out strong enough, we can hang on. This is one of those game where I wish we had a power back on O. Nothing against our backs, but last year we were able to grind-it-out late in the game to preserve the win.

I am going 31-28 Guins

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 13, 2011, 03:48:55 PM ---I agree with both, but I think it will pan out more like last year. If we come out strong enough, we can hang on. This is one of those game where I wish we had a power back on O. Nothing against our backs, but last year we were able to grind-it-out late in the game to preserve the win.

I am going 31-28 Guins

--- End quote ---

Bold prediction Dan :)  Have not made a FG yet this year  ;) I believe we do have a power back but #25 sits on the bench  :o

IAA Fan:
I should have said that we almost lost it, last year, because we did not have a power back. I am wondering about him being on the bench myself. Have for some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version