YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Work gets started on YSU’s WATTS Center

<< < (2/10) > >>

ysuhoops24:
hey JJ (being civil here  ;D)...from what I hear is the current tennis courts are to be torn out for parking?  Has anyone else heard that?  It's going to be interesting.  As far as a softball field goes...did they ever give any consideration to trying to build that lot of land where the old softball field sits.  That area is not as creepy anymore with the addition of the courtyard apartments.  I would love to see baseball moved on campus down the road.  The times games sometimes start would be good for drawing a student crowd maybe.  Kids on break, or possibly done for the day could take in a few innings. 

ItalianPenguin:
Students don't come to any events--why move baseball for them. Eastwood Field is a great venue for those kids to play in.

ysuhoops24:
it might be nice, but being almost 20 minutes off campus it's not convenient IP.  Possibly be better off playing full time at Cene again.  Is it worth what they are paying Eastwood to host them?  

As far as the tennis courts go.  If they are planning on making the current courts parking, it would be almost a lock IMO that they build new ones.  The current courts, though not used by the team much do serve the university in other ways such as classes, and recreation.

IAA Fan:
I agree with IP. YSU has a baseball stadium that is 'tops' in the league ...that is why we need to keep it in use.

jjysuwin:
Yea I agree IP students don't show up to many sporting events at YSU, it's a nice link to connect Trumbull county and YSU together at Eastwood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version