Author Topic: Pitt game  (Read 3216 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt game
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2024, 06:47:12 PM »
Pat's a P.O.S.  He was passing and in a hurry up the whole fourth Quarter to run it up.  I can now hope pitt get's their arse beaten going forward.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2024, 06:50:16 PM »
Let us just run out the clock and go home….avoiding injuries

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2024, 06:53:21 PM »
I don't blame Pitt, their back ups are in and they need to learn the system. Blame YSU for the product they put on the field. This last touchdown Pitt ran the ball...do you want them to take a knee?

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2024, 06:57:23 PM »
We shown no toughness and  fight at all.  This was a let’s get our 400k  we will be the homecoming sacrificial lamb
« Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 07:18:36 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2024, 07:00:45 PM »
I don't blame Pitt, their back ups are in and they need to learn the system. Blame YSU for the product they put on the field. This last touchdown Pitt ran the ball...do you want them to take a knee?

Most teams when they're up 45+ in the 4th are not in a hurry up and passing every play.  I watch every OSU game and they usually just hand off and only throw unless it's 3rd and long when they have the back ups in.   This was personal.     You are right it is the YSU job to stop them but not this YSU D.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2024, 07:06:49 PM »
YSU gave up 11 yards a rush. Quite possible that Pitt still would have scored running. If the team winning has their subs in they have zero obligation to dial it back and not run their normal plays.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2024, 07:07:31 PM »
What does it matter?  YSU couldnt stop the RUN or PASS

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2024, 07:11:44 PM »
No moral victories here folks.  We just lost 73-17.  This program is in shambles.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2024, 07:14:10 PM »
Realistically speaking, NIL and the free transfers have made FCS a very inferior product and on the verge of irrelevance.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2024, 07:41:26 PM »
Pitt was the better team, fact. Pat proved that he has no class, fact.

It has always bothered me when I see blow out scores, whether it be jr hi basketball or the NFL. Just not called for and proves nothing. When you have a big lead, keep the starters in for the first drive of the second half and then go with the reserves.

Yes the reserves want to do their best but the coach can do things to control the score, play selection, work the time clock etc. Pitt chose not to do these things.

Congrats to Pitt on the win, but I hope that it is the last win they get this year.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2024, 07:44:31 PM »
Realistically speaking, NIL and the free transfers have made FCS a very inferior product and on the verge of irrelevance.

True

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2024, 08:19:34 PM »
Will we let Phillips go if he doesn't win a game rest of year? We should.    He has no toughness to him...He talks a good game but it doesn't reflect on the field.  What happed to King?  We have no running game, no passing game and no run defense to speak of and it is getting  worse.  I bet next home game stands will be empty.   3 or 4 k attendance.  Our program may have made playoffs last year but no more playoffs as long as we have Phillips.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2024, 09:11:47 PM »
Pat's a P.O.S.  He was passing and in a hurry up the whole fourth Quarter to run it up.  I can now hope pitt get's their arse beaten going forward.

Narduzzi is a worthless individual. Every single person that was involved in the decision to fire his father is either dead or long since retired. His 40 year hatred for YSU makes no sense. It is like all of us hating Japanese born in postwar, democratic Japan because their ancestors attacked Pearl Harbor.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2024, 09:21:53 PM »
Back in the 70s my family had season tickets at Rayen stadium and we sat right near Cliff Stoudt's family.  Cliff's father hated his son being in Narduzzi's veer offense and who can blame him since cliff was a big drop back qb.   His dad would stand up and yell "veer to the left veer to the right veer up your rear Narduzzi". 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2024, 09:41:05 PM »
had my car broken into during a day game at Rayen, good times.