Author Topic: Pitt game  (Read 3147 times)

Offline 33Y0

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt game
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2024, 01:11:16 AM »
1. It’s our job to stop the other team. Period. Point blank.
2. Football isn’t a game for sissies. This whole… “don’t run up the score” mentality is weak.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2024, 11:13:54 AM »
1. It’s our job to stop the other team. Period. Point blank.
2. Football isn’t a game for sissies. This whole… “don’t run up the score” mentality is weak.

^^^THIS!!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2024, 11:21:13 AM »
I agree with 33yo.  Man up and play it on field.  Phillips has to go after the year.  Last year was a fluke.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2024, 12:44:33 PM »
I think Phillips is a good guy.  Hopefully, he asked Pat if he felt better when they met at midfield.  None of it changes the fact that YSU football is in a serious decline.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Today at 11:12:48 AM »
Narduzzi used to come to golf fundraisers in The Valley, even last year. I would be shocked if he shows up anymore, I for one would not miss him.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Today at 02:35:15 PM »
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1877598/15807120-week-of-september-23-2024.mp3?download=true

Go to 1:50 til 6:00 minute mark. These guys are spot on. They have been covering western PA and Ohio sports for years. One played for Bill at YSU and they have some stories on Pat.

Go Guins
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Today at 03:22:07 PM »
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1877598/15807120-week-of-september-23-2024.mp3?download=true

Go to 1:50 til 6:00 minute mark. These guys are spot on. They have been covering western PA and Ohio sports for years. One played for Bill at YSU and they have some stories on Pat.

Go Guins
The way he ran up the score as if this is a soccer game. From those who don’t know (or don’t care), teams always run up the score in qualifying or group play. Reason is simple. The first tie breaker is goal differential (between goal scored and goals against).
This is how the game is played and everyone score as many goals as possible. People understand that and it is not personal.

Case in point, in last week’s World Cup qualifiers, Japan and China almost went into a trade war because Japan won 7-0 with 2 goals scored in extra time since Japan might need those goal differential when they play power house Korea or New Zealand.

There is no reason for Pitt to run up the score beside for the personal paybacks. If they don’t qualify for playoff scoring 60 on YSU, scoring 73 is not going to help.

Just my opinions and I am done with this dead horse.

Offline 33Y0

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Today at 03:51:43 PM »

Go Guins
The way he ran up the score as if this is a soccer game. From those who don’t know (or don’t care), teams always run up the score in qualifying or group play. Reason is simple. The first tie breaker is goal differential (between goal scored and goals against).
This is how the game is played and everyone score as many goals as possible. People understand that and it is not personal.

Case in point, in last week’s World Cup qualifiers, Japan and China almost went into a trade war because Japan won 7-0 with 2 goals scored in extra time since Japan might need those goal differential when they play power house Korea or New Zealand.

There is no reason for Pitt to run up the score beside for the personal paybacks. If they don’t qualify for playoff scoring 60 on YSU, scoring 73 is not going to help.

Just my opinions and I am done with this dead horse.

Again, it's OUR job to stop them. This isn't a sport for sissies to take the foot off the gas.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Today at 04:55:18 PM »
I agree it is up to us to stop them.  Watch we won't be able to stop Missouri St this coming Saturday.   Ass whopping

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Today at 04:58:30 PM »
I would comment on this thread but I'm sure a few posters will have the brilliant take "it's are job to stop them", like we don't know that.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile