Author Topic: Pitt game  (Read 3204 times)

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt game
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2024, 02:26:47 AM »
Narduzzi had two previous games vs YSU to exact his revenge. Was he using the firing of his father the excuse for destroying YSU on Saturday? He never mentioned that this game is  “personal” the last two times he coached against YSU.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2024, 07:13:24 AM »
Narduzzi had two previous games vs YSU to exact his revenge. Was he using the firing of his father the excuse for destroying YSU on Saturday? He never mentioned that this game is  “personal” the last two times he coached against YSU.

Maybe he did not have the horses to do it the first 2 times>
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2024, 07:49:40 AM »
They hit the portal hard and stuck I rich in my opinion.  Plus a new offensive coordinator

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2024, 08:54:07 AM »

Maybe he did not have the horses to do it the first 2 times>

I am sure he has tried. I was at the game that went in to OT. Like you said that he simply didn’t have the horses to do it. I suspected that was why he scheduled YSU again.
Now that he has successfully revenged for his father, I will be surprised if he would ever schedule YSU again.
I recall that Bill was so bad, he actually moved the team to the visitor’s sidelines to get away from the verbal abuse from the fans.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2024, 09:24:58 AM »
I would hope that YSU would never consider playing Pitt again, regardless of the payout. And for the record not because I would be afraid to play them again.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2024, 10:41:19 AM »
I was at the YSU-Penn State game in 2006 and Penn State had just got a first down with under two minutes to go at the YSU 18. The receivers coach was Mike McQueary who was relaying plays from the offensive coordinator. McQueary took off his head set figuring they would take three knees and run out the clock. I was sitting in he stands right behind the bench and Paterno signaled let’s go and McQueary put his head set on and the punched one last TD to make it 37-3. I guess FBS coaches can’t help themselves squeezing every nickel from the FCS payday.

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2024, 12:11:13 PM »
Too much whining going on.  I'd play Pitt every year if possible.  It's an easy drive and a great experience for our team and fans.  Perhaps we should put out a better team on the field.  If we had a respectful defense, the score would have been much better.  I can't wait to play them again.

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2024, 01:23:57 PM »
Too much whining going on.  I'd play Pitt every year if possible.  It's an easy drive and a great experience for our team and fans.  Perhaps we should put out a better team on the field.  If we had a respectful defense, the score would have been much better.  I can't wait to play them again.

Basically. If you don’t like it, then stop them.
Not to mention, teams can’t just win anymore. Teams get dropped in the ranks if they don’t win pretty so can’t blame them.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2024, 02:33:23 PM »
Just saw this on YouTube on Coach’s post game comments. He was still relatively upbeat

https://youtu.be/xKmjPkb1ulM

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2024, 05:20:42 PM »
I’d love to play them every year…only wish it paid more. I also understand running it up to improve your rankings. But If my dad didn’t have his contract renewed as head coach at Poland in 1985 and I was head coach at Massillon in 2024, I might run up the score but I would hope I’d keep my mouth shut on the reason.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2024, 07:34:54 PM »
Some people might say that Narduzzi holding a 40 year grudge is as odd as some fans still being upset that Kent and Akron didn’t want YSU in the MAC.

That said, those upset that Phillips hugged Narduzzi maybe aren’t aware that that both graduated high school about the same time and are part of a very small and exclusive club. They’ve probably been friends for decades.

Unfortunately style points play into bowls and post season selections. Especially now that the playoff is expanded. And if you don’t want me to score, stop me.

YSU should play Pitt every year. Wish my Nova team would play Temple every year since we recruit the same players.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2024, 10:04:58 PM »
It's not that Pitt didn't have the horses the first two times they played. YSU doesn't have the horses this year to keep up is the difference.  Anyone with a brain saw this happening based off how bad the team is on defense and the inability of Brungard to throw down the field. Ohh and YSU lost to Duquesne what did you all think Pitt would do? I get it what you expect you never want to be a reality but that's going to be the reality this year unfortunately.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2024, 10:14:54 PM »
Hot take, I think Beau actually looked pretty good considering it was Pitt's defense. Also Narduzzi said himself in the presser after the game he couldn't run up the score the last two times because they didn't have the horses on offense those times.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2024, 07:33:10 AM »
Some people might say that Narduzzi holding a 40 year grudge is as odd as some fans still being upset that Kent and Akron didn’t want YSU in the MAC.

That said, those upset that Phillips hugged Narduzzi maybe aren’t aware that that both graduated high school about the same time and are part of a very small and exclusive club. They’ve probably been friends for decades.

Unfortunately style points play into bowls and post season selections. Especially now that the playoff is expanded. And if you don’t want me to score, stop me.

YSU should play Pitt every year. Wish my Nova team would play Temple every year since we recruit the same players.

Narduzzi openly said that in his press conference.  What part about it don't you understand?  They fired him when he had cancer it impacted them financially, and having the ability to get treatment (because you know YSU pays their coaches big $).  He died young and Narduzzi partially blames YSU for his father's inability to get treatment.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2024, 01:24:36 PM »
Tired of beating a dead horse but interesting that coach was asked at todays press conference if Narduzzi was trying to run up the score and Phillip's answered in a suttle manner but acknowledge that he was and said one needs to move on after 39 years.

That was his statement.  My last take if you Love YSU and the city of Youngstown you should take it personal even though you are not competing on the field.  Some of you have rationalized it but in all my years of watching football I've never seen a team going to a hurry up in the 4th with that big of lead.  Don't CARE if you feel differently.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 01:36:28 PM by ucfpengbuck »