YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Detroit

<< < (2/6) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
Agree 100% on Thompson and Burns.  All the new transfers especially Ziggy and Langdon have been a vital to the program and Farmer has played way better the 2nd half of the season and all he needs is a little more consistency.  Zorgvol also has been decent in his allotted time.
It's too bad that Bates is done as other have said he gave valuable minutes .  Decent shooter and really good rebounder.

I'm sure the team will not take Detroit lightly especially since the Titans have played better and there is a lot on the line when it comes to seating but YSU should be able to win comfortably.

I think sometime we take it for granted that Coach has taken this program to the top of the league and has done it twice the last two seasons with all new players.  There's a lot of basketball still to be played but I can't wait to see what he does in the portal and recruiting after March.   Exciting times to be a penguin.

YsuPride:
1st he has to retain his current players before he concentrates on recruiting.  I believe he may lose some.  Hopefully not. Remember he has 2 players sitting out this year as redshirts that seem pretty good.  He needs to give them a chance to develop.  Then we can bring in transfers.   I'm sure he and his staff is all over this aspect.   Calhoun is a good recruiter.

mudclods:
Coach had made a comment in one of the press conferences awhile back that he thought David Wilkerson may have been a starter had he not gotten hurt.

Hopefully Lovelace and Farmer return.  Would think Dynes & Zorgvol will, but who knows.

If all those return, YSU has 4 potential starters in Wilkerson, Lovelace, Farmer & Dynes.

YsuPride:
Mudclods I totally agree.  With any and we will have transfers we should again be a good team.  All depends on the schedule and what teams in conference make a push to get better.  I do know that Wright St brings back some and so does GB. But you never know in this day and age of the transfer portal.

ucfpengbuck:
Never know who or who won't return.   I think we all had some surprises last year when some guys unexpectedly left and I'm sure this could happen this spring.  Although in hindsight it worked out for the best.

The first time I heard David Wilkerson's name was during the Detroit game when their announcer said that he was told that he was the potential starting point guard and also coach mentioned  it on one of his conference calls.   Watched some games of Wilkerson on line when he was playing jc ball and I didn't see anything that got me too excited  nor anything that deterred me.    Thompson's a pretty good pg and if this guy is as good or better then i'm excited.

Not sure any of us know much about the other three frosh.  I'm sure there will be some honest conversations  after the season and they'll know where they stand.   Guys don't except scholarships to sit on the bench especially in the portal era.

Always here coach saying he's out recruiting when they're on the road so he's still looking at the hs ranks although the last two seasons he has been  getting upper classmen from the portal and this formula has led back to back 20+ wins.

I'm more than likely putting the cart in front of the horse with Horizon tourney and a possible NCAA birth (pray).
Just excited to see YSU have so much success and it's too bad that I'm almost a medicare recipient for it to finally happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version