Author Topic: GB at YSU  (Read 4907 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
GB at YSU
« on: January 25, 2020, 06:41:05 PM »
Morgan and Q made jump shots. Team made FT. YSU won in ot.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: GB at YSU
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 06:56:51 PM »
Q is the man

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 08:18:54 PM »
Thank you Devin Morgan !      Offense really looked stagnant with too much dribbling the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half.  Not sure what they were running with GB keying on DQ.   Morgan just carried them.  Nice all around game from Garrett Covington and Akuchie  who was one rebound from a double double.  Mike has really gotten so much tougher since he arrived on campus.   Props to GB with some impressive shooters.  McCloud was unconscious.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 08:34:40 PM »
Thank you Devin Morgan !      Offense really looked stagnant with too much dribbling the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half.  Not sure what they were running with GB keying on DQ.   Morgan just carried them.  Nice all around game from Garrett Covington and Akuchie  who was one rebound from a double double.  Mike has really gotten so much tougher since he arrived on campus.   Props to GB with some impressive shooters.  McCloud was unconscious.
IMO, if Covington played on Thursday night, we probably could have the game. He played really well today. He played with emotion. His 2 offensive charges drawn on GB was big.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 12:17:47 PM »
That was a really big win.  Would have pretty demoralizing to lose 4 straight including 2 at home after a 4-1 start.  I was afraid of the Green Bay game because they put up so many points and I didn't know if YSU had enough offense and could shoot the ball well enough to stay with them.  It looked like they game was getting away from YSU in the 2nd half down 11 and guys were getting frustrated, but Devin Morgan really got them going.  So happy to see him have a great game.  Still wish Coach would have put him in at the end of the Milwaukee game. 

I agree with the above comment that if Covington would have played Thursday YSU would have won despite the terrible free throw shooting.  That was definitely a game they gave away but winning Saturday and then having Milwaukee & UIC lose would huge and has YSU right back in it at the halfway mark.  Wright St. is clearly the best team in the league & probably little doubt NKU is the 2nd best team, but they are only up 1 game on YSU.  I think the next tier of teams are all pretty equal with YSU, GB, UIC & Milwaukee. 

I think the surprises are UIC & Oakland not being better and then you have Detroit & CSU at 4-5 in the league and I don't think anyone saw that coming.  It's crazy Oakland is only 2-7 in the league and 7-15 overall, but they've lost 7 games by 4 points or less & only have won 1 close one.