Author Topic: No more Blind Center and Jerry's kids,, let the party begin!  (Read 8780 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: No more Blind Center and Jerry's kids,, let the party begin!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 03:11:26 PM »
We'll find out "IF" this offense is offensive or legit this Saturday.

"UNI has legitimately a top 3-5 defense in the entire nation. Even by Farley/UNI standards this defense feels like another level".

fb

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: No more Blind Center and Jerry's kids,, let the party begin!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 04:17:32 PM »
There is no question that Mays is not 100% healthy & I do not love any QB. It is just that Mays IS the clear #1 on paper and on the field. This is as of 10/2/2019. If they decide to pull that maneuver and start Craycraft again this week, we will suffer. Bo said it was a "minor violation of team rules" by Mays.

As to your earlier comment on Conner. If we knew nothing about two QBs out of HS, one came from Bishop Hartley and the other from Girard; everyone would have higher expectations from the Hartley QB. I am saying that I would like to see him throw a few in a real game setting. We all have to trust the coaches on their decisions.
You say "we have to trust the coaches on their decisions" and they you clearly DON"T!  The coaches clear decision is to move Mark clearly ahead of Conner.  Do you, or do you NOT trust the coaches decision on this?
If we knew nothing, but we do know some things.  Where, in God's name, did you come up with a Mays injury?  You making that up to cover for bad passing?  If he is hurt and can't throw, SET HIM DOWN!

I think that you are losing it, why so upset? For that matter why do you you go on about Mays? He IS the starting QB for this team, that is it. Whether or not you like him does not change this. Start an "I hate Mays" thread and post all you wish. He does plenty of things wrong , but he does plenty more right.

He is not 100% & never will be. I am not talking about a new injury; I am talking about his off-season surgery. He can clearly play & yes he is the best we have now, which is why he is your starter. As to Connor, yes I do trust the coaches. He was in last week's game and I wish he could have done a bit more so we can see him. How often do we see a 6'6"+ kid at this level?
I simply disagree with most of you post.  I'm not upset, I just want to see YSU get better and get competitive in the MVFC until we come to our senses and move the OVC.  Simply said, I don't think we can do that with Mays at QB.  I think we have better talent on the bench and I don't think anybody in entitled to any job on the basis of seniority.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!