Author Topic: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship  (Read 97713 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »
I am not happy with the 3 week wait, we just may pick up where we left off but I sure liked the way the team was clicking the last 6 games.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2016, 01:14:52 AM »
Fans headed to Texas for the game are invited to YSU’s official tailgate party at Tailgate Town in Toyota Stadium, Northeast Terrace, Section 133. It starts at 9 a.m. Central. A game ticket is required to get in.

YSU alumni, friends and family will meet at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse in Plano, Texas the night before the championship.

RSVP to either or both Texas events by calling 330-941-2136 or emailing jmleviseur@ysu.edu.

YSU is encouraging fans to wear red and businesses to display red all week leading up to the game in support of the Penguins.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2017, 07:02:07 AM »
Well we are the only O-H-I-O team left standing. That's what I love about the FCS playoffs we have the two best teams playing for it all in less then a week!!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2017, 08:14:32 AM »
Well we are the only O-H-I-O team left standing. That's what I love about the FCS playoffs we have the two best teams playing for it all in less then a week!!
Yes. I was hoping for both Ohio teams would be going for NCAA Football Championship. Now, we have to bring this one home.
Happy New Year everyone.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2017, 10:09:48 AM »
Yes. I was hoping for both Ohio teams would be going for NCAA Football Championship. Now, we have to bring this one home.
Happy New Year everyone.
I sure wasn't.

YSU >

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »
Let me guess....another disgruntled Notre Shame fan that only gets satisfaction when Ohio State fails on the biggest of stages, because Notre Lame has become totally irrelevant and a complete shatshow. 
Joe Cool

ValleyTalk

« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
Let me guess....another disgruntled Notre Shame fan that only gets satisfaction when Ohio State fails on the biggest of stages, because Notre Lame has become totally irrelevant and a complete shatshow.
YSU has been and always will be my team. OSU is undeniably a better program than ND. However I was content with Clemson's win as now the focus will be entirely on YSU and because I personally felt as though Penn State deserved to be in over OSU based on their Big Ten title and win over OSU.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2017, 09:15:08 PM »
I thought 3 weeks was a long wait, but time marches on quickly. The championship game is just around the corner. The excitement will be starting Wednesday when the team flies to Plano, Texas.
I envy all you going to the game, I have been at the 91 and 93 games and those were great!

To the gang going:

BRING HOME A WINNER!!!!

GO YSU PENGUINS

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2017, 10:55:49 PM »
Officially game week, I'm going and I can't wait!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2017, 10:48:39 AM »
This thread is getting long and hard to navigate.  Should we start a separate "Game Week" thread or just continue to post our thoughts here?

ytowngirl

« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »
I am not happy with the 3 week wait, we just may pick up where we left off but I sure liked the way the team was clicking the last 6 games.

Does anyone know why such a long layoff?  I know holidays and all but that's no excuse for FBS bowl games.  2 weeks max layoff.

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »

Does anyone know why such a long layoff?  I know holidays and all but that's no excuse for FBS bowl games.  2 weeks max layoff.

Probably wanted to avoid the FCS playoffs and final week of NFL season.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2017, 09:53:21 PM »
Fans headed to Texas for the game are invited to YSU’s official tailgate party at Tailgate Town in Toyota Stadium, Northeast Terrace, Section 133. It starts at 9 a.m. Central. A game ticket is required to get in.

YSU alumni, friends and family will meet at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse in Plano, Texas the night before the championship.

RSVP to either or both Texas events by calling 330-941-2136 or emailing jmleviseur@ysu.edu.

YSU is encouraging fans to wear red and businesses to display red all week leading up to the game in support of the Penguins.

CHANGE>>>>

On Friday, Jan. 6, the evening before the title game, YSU alumni, friends and family will gather at Urban Rio Cantina & Grill 1000 East 14th St., Plano, Texas, 75074. Festivities begin at 6 p.m. Central. RSVP to either or both of the events at jmleviseur@ysu.edu or 330-941-2136.

THE DRIVE FOR 5

DefendYoungstown

« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2017, 11:21:38 PM »
Bo moonlighting with Youngstown Fire Department? Three weeks is definitely too much downtime.

Go Guins.  #NoSleepTillFrisco

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »
Looking at the game stats of YSU vs NDSU, YSU looked to have out played NDSU, BUT LOST 24-3. YSU was down 17-0 after the first quarter. Were turnovers the difference in the game?  YSU had five more first downs and 11:36 TOP advantage.Seven receivers caught passes. But only gained 92 yards on the ground while NDSU had 240 yards rushing.

I sure hope thats the video your coaches decide to use lol.