Author Topic: Spring Football Practice Updates  (Read 37338 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Football Practice Updates
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2016, 08:19:40 PM »
Any updates on the injury to Jody Webb in todays practice?

Heard its nothing major, should be good to go for spring game.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2016, 09:25:57 AM »
That's good news chief. It would be nice to have more depth across the offensive and defensive lines. Basically we have twice as many receivers and secondary personell then that of lineman. I just think it's getting harder and harder to find good quality guys up front. The seven on seven drills at the high school level are getting skilled players more prepared for college. I would feel better if we had 15 active offensive lineman on the roster I believe we have 11. Shane Montgomery was quoted as saying to the Vindicator that they have not been able to separate the quarterback competition do to injuries at various positions and they will have a better idea in the fall camp

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2016, 10:27:33 AM »
One more thing I would like to add. The signing of Hosick is making Davis and Wells much better. I've been told that Davis and Wells have been paired up in individual drills with Hosick and Mays on the other side. This might mean something and it may not. I think all 3 bring something really good to the table and look for all 3 to contribute this season in some capacity. That's a good problem to have

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2016, 01:05:39 PM »
With the 2 linemen who called it quits due to lingering injuries and now I believe we have 3 lineman injured and not practicing now, it's gonna be tough. Same with the QB competition, I wouldn't read too much into anything until we get a week or so into fall camp.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2016, 04:10:37 PM »
We need to get healthy at the offensive line.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2016, 08:46:16 PM »
Jody was back at practice today.