Author Topic: Pelini To Michigan?  (Read 4942 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Pelini To Michigan?
« on: December 03, 2015, 09:45:06 AM »
With DJ Durkin being named the new head coach at Maryland, Michigan is looking for a defensive coordinator.  I would not be surprised if Pelini's name comes up.   

This is just my opinion, but listening to Pelini, I am not certain he wants to be at YSU.  Seems stunned by the lack of fan support, and even commented on the radio show about the lack of fans at road games, almost stunned about the lack of interest in FCS football.   I do think Pelini will be the coach at YSU next year, but I do think Michigan may reach out.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pelini To Michigan?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 10:28:27 AM »
I don't see it just yet. Bo will not move his family again until his kids are done with high school.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 10:53:56 AM »
I don't see it just yet. Bo will not move his family again until his kids are done with high school.
Agreed.  Bo isn't a "second fiddle" kind of a guy either.  YSU (with some help from Nebraska!) is still VERY lucrative and so money is -0- issue.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
With DJ Durkin being named the new head coach at Maryland, Michigan is looking for a defensive coordinator.  I would not be surprised if Pelini's name comes up.   

This is just my opinion, but listening to Pelini, I am not certain he wants to be at YSU.  Seems stunned by the lack of fan support, and even commented on the radio show about the lack of fans at road games, almost stunned about the lack of interest in FCS football.   I do think Pelini will be the coach at YSU next year, but I do think Michigan may reach out.
Agree

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
Many will reach out. It happens to our coaches every year ...but nothing to worry about.  I agree with Go, he is above this

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »
Many will reach out. It happens to our coaches every year ...but nothing to worry about.  I agree with Go, he is above this
Yes. I could not remember how many times people were speculating the rumors that JT was going to leave YSU after winning the first national championship. He stayed many years after that. If OSU didn't come calling, he would have stayed for a few more years. If Bo wanted to go to FBS Schools, he could have done that instead of coming to YSU.
As to the speculation that he was unhappy about the attendance, I am sure he knows that if he wins, people will come. Having said that, when he looked at the attendance at SIU, WIU and ISU, he has to say, "really?"