Author Topic: ISUr vs NDSU in MVFC Championship Game ( also fcs championship as well)  (Read 22894 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: ISUr and NDSU in final 4
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »
any of you guys watching this game? ILS has no chance to beat UNH and UNH has no chance to beat NDSU. Come on Redbirds!!! NDSU did what we did a few times ...coasted in to the title game from the easy west bracket.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:30 PM »
Looks like Illinois State has learned to tackle by studying the YSU defense.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »
ISUr 21 UNH 18 F

ISUr vs NDSU for MVFC Championship (oh and the fcs championship as well)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ISUr vs NDSU in MVFC Championship Game ( also fcs championship as well)
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 05:42:10 PM »
I really thought that Illinois State had squandered their opportunity in the first half when they scored only six points during four trips into the red zone.  This is good news for those who, like IAA Fan and me, would prefer that NDSU not gain four titles. 

I know that some folks in North Dakota are saying that they wanted an all MVFC title game.  I think those fans are lying or know very little about football.  Illinois State will be, by far, the strongest team that NDSU has faced in Frisco.

When the championship ends, the record will show that the MVFC finished 10-4 in the playoffs.  That is highly misleading since the conference will finish 7-1 in games not involving each other.  And that comes after the single loss to FCS competition in the regular season.  That is simply incredible.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 07:02:59 PM »
darn
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

ValleyTalk

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »
Roberson and Coprich are lethal. Secondly, their second half defensive adjustments got them this W.

Go Redbirds!

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »
Half time adjustments ? I havn't seen them in years.  Are they still legal ? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »
Half time adjustments ? I havn't seen them in years.  Are they still legal ? ??? ??? ??? ???

Never heard of them.

Offline EKUFAN

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »
EKU had a couple of games this year with the attendance of 16,000 The playoff game was played when the students were on break and the weather was terrible. they are averaging around 10 to 12,000. Also coach Hood wanted a contract extension but was told no.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 10:28:55 AM »
...coach Hood wanted a contract extension but was told no.

Funny.  We were courting a guy that EKU rejected.

Thank God Tressel took control of the search process and landed Bo.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
EKU had a couple of games this year with the attendance of 16,000 The playoff game was played when the students were on break and the weather was terrible. they are averaging around 10 to 12,000. Also coach Hood wanted a contract extension but was told no.

Are these numbers butts in the seats or tickets sold? If butts in the seats, and I hope so. I am impressed. We were selling those many tickets but nowhere near that many came .
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

ValleyTalk

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »

I think some of you guys were too swept away with some of the local reports of Hood. He may have been our #2, but Scott Roussel from FootballScoop.com knew Pelini was the guy 1 week before he officially came on board.

The local reporters saying we had little chance, or 10% chance of landing Bo, did not have the sources Scott had. Many were criticizing Scott, but Tressel and Pelini asked him to hold off further reporting since he already had it out in the open until everything was finalized. The only holdup was getting those commitments from the local $ folks in writing, or this would have been done late last week.

From what I've gathered, the Hood rumors of being the front-runner were simply not true.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 11:59:02 AM »

I think some of you guys were too swept away with some of the local reports of Hood. He may have been our #2, but Scott Roussel from FootballScoop.com knew Pelini was the guy 1 week before he officially came on board.

The local reporters saying we had little chance, or 10% chance of landing Bo, did not have the sources Scott had. Many were criticizing Scott, but Tressel and Pelini asked him to hold off further reporting since he already had it out in the open until everything was finalized. The only holdup was getting those commitments from the local $ folks in writing, or this would have been done late last week.

From what I've gathered, the Hood rumors of being the front-runner were simply not true.

According to Scalzo:

"Eastern Kentucky’s Dean Hood appears to have been Plan B"

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/dec/21/how-ysu-landed-pelini/

It sounds like we were REAL close to getting a coach from the eighth ranked FCS conference with a worse recent W/L % than the guy we fired.....and apparently rejected by EKU.

Again....thank God that Tressel took the keys away from Strollo and put him in the back seat in his baby seat.....where inept ADs belong......
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

ValleyTalk

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »

According to Scalzo:

It sounds like we were REAL close to getting a coach from the eighth ranked FCS conference with a worse recent W/L % than the guy we fired.....and apparently rejected by EKU.

Again....thank God that Tressel took the keys away from Strollo and put him in the back seat in his baby seat.....where inept ADs belong......

Nice cheap shot. Apparently you can't read because Strollo was handing much of the behind the scenes work, as is clearly evidenced by Scalzo's article.

Some of you folks never cease to amaze me.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:16:22 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »

According to Scalzo:

Nice cheap shot. Apparently you can't read because Strollo was handing much of the behind the scenese work. Also, as I said, Hood may have been our #2, which Scalzo reiterated.

Some of you folks never cease to amaze me.

Did Strollo have contact with Pelini?  Of course, he is the AD.  I guess that could be construed as "behind the scenes work."  But Pelini made it clear WHO lured him to YSU:

From the Scalzo article:

"Pelini made it clear that Tressel made the job more attractive."

From the thread of Pelini quotes:

"Said Tressel was a big reason why he took the job, wants to learn a lot from him, since he has an understanding of how to coach on this level."

Scalzo has become a Strollo apologist, I suspect for access reasons, and completely omitted the fact that Tressel personally flew to Lincoln to court Pelini.  It is a significant oversight that, IMO, impacts Scalzo's credibility.  Regardless, it is clear through Bo's words that Tressel was paramount in his decision to coach at YSU.