Poll

Who Do You Want For Our Next Coach?

Dean Hood
Joe Moorhead
Bo Pelini
Don Treadwell
Rick Shepas
Someone Else

Author Topic: Who Do You Want For Our Next Coach?  (Read 16353 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Who Do You Want For Our Next Coach?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 05:03:04 PM »
Tim Albin O.C. Ohio University

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 11:14:56 PM »
David Dean of D2's Valdosta State.
Fine by me!  8)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »
Seems like this search is a mess and Strollo just needs to resign.  Wont get better until he is gone PERIOD!!!!

kforbs126

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 10:34:35 AM »
Seems like this search is a mess and Strollo just needs to resign.  Wont get better until he is gone PERIOD!!!!

Strollo will be AD for life.  You think he's leaving?  Everyone ever year complains about him but he's about as safe as a tenured professor. 

kforbs126

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »
If they hire Hood this program will become about as irrelevant as University of Miami is now.  Same situation down there.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »
Don't care what anyone else thinks and I am sure that vice-verse is true, but most, including myself, like Strollo and the job he has done with athletics. We also know that we will have the best coach for the dollars.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »
Don't care what anyone else thinks and I am sure that vice-verse is true, but most, including myself, like Strollo and the job he has done with athletics. We also know that we will have the best coach for the dollars.

I agree with IAA Fan.  Strollo has at least two fans here. 

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 01:52:44 PM »
Strolls was a "Valley guy" political hire, a bean counter and had no experience as an AD. He is a failure as an Administrator. Makes poor personnel decisions on hirings and contract extensions,game scheduling and remains here only because of politics, not ability. No promo,poor money sports etc is laid at his feet.

But he is a Valley guy. 8)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 01:58:33 PM »
Strollo has done a decent job. This isn't Ohio St. Funny he is a local guy and you locals keep bashing him every day .  Its about $$$ and most of you b**** don't attend games and b**** and b**** as you wear you Ohio st and Notre Dame stuff and think every kid in the ytown area can play here and make that excuse why you wont attend any games.  Ohio st doesn't have all Columbus kids let alone all Ohio kids.  PUt your money where your mouth is and join the alumni association and the Penguin Club.  what happened in the 90's was special and will never happen again Football and D 1 sports is about money.  Missouri St has 3 times the members in their football club.  Keep b****ing keep wanting something on the cheap but want a Cadillac.  So Strollo is doing a Fantastic job on a Dollar General Budget.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 04:21:51 PM »
I did put my $$$$$$$$$$$$$ where my mouth is ......... after buying Penguin  Club tickets for 20 years and attending YSU games, I no longer will buy ANY tickets here as long as Strollo is the AD and started this  past season. Ditto Basketball. The man is a complete joke as   an AD.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 07:41:07 PM »
b**** and b**** as you wear you Ohio st and Notre Dame stuff

I really don't care what you wear if your butt is in the seat and you are cheering for the Guins.  YSU has the worst marketing and that INCLUDES their merchandise. 

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2014, 08:38:17 PM »
Damn Scarlet, you aren't lying.  Try to buy some of the crap at the bookstore.....geesh.  And it's sooooooo expensive. 

CookieMonsterSig

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
As the 20th day winds down, I'd take anyone who wants to be here.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 09:05:52 PM »
As the 20th day winds down, I will take a winner even if it is waiting a several more days.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 02:56:14 AM »
We are just fans and/or alums, so our opinion means squat in terms of who gets hired. At the same time, speculating and having discussions about a new coach is fun. And, would be nice if YSU released a list of the applicants, being YSU is a PUBLIC UNIVERSITY.

With a list of applicants released, we would at least know who has applied for the job. Does not mean there could not/would not be people who had not applied that were on the "wishlist" of Strollo and YSU, but does mean those people would not have yet formally applied for the position. So, while names not on the list would still pop up in the discussion, we'd have the list of people who actually applied to discuss their backgrounds, and likelihood of success if hired.