Author Topic: Official: Head Coach Search Thread  (Read 237409 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Official: Head Coach Search Thread
« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2014, 08:29:28 PM »
There should be, EE. The club is primarily business oriented as they buy to pass out to employees and customers. Always had hospital and major company groups sitting around us. But those guys are using for a tax write off. It's the general public (butts in seats) that is noticeable and those aren't in club seats. Despite the hype, I don't see people returning just because of Bo. Gotta win. Then maybe.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2014, 08:43:35 PM »
There should be, EE. The club is primarily business oriented as they buy to pass out to employees and customers. Always had hospital and major company groups sitting around us. But those guys are using for a tax write off. It's the general public (butts in seats) that is noticeable and those aren't in club seats. Despite the hype, I don't see people returning just because of Bo. Gotta win. Then maybe.

I bought my season tickets as a penguin club member so...... (I need a back on my seat, what can I say)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2014, 08:50:02 PM »
Many, many more people will be in the seats next year, just for the intrigue of Bo.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2014, 09:12:04 PM »
The most intriguing thing that I'm looking at right now.  We'll get to see if Eric Wolford was a great recruiter/bad coach.  Or a bad recruiter/worse coach.   I'm very interested to see how his players play under a new regime.

Offline YSU_Penguins17

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »
Regardless of your thoughts about Strollo and whether or not the Pelini hire is a good/bad one, the least everyone can do is give him a chance. Let's support this team no matter who were playing. I get some people are upset about our scheduling. As someone who has lived out of state for the past 6 years, I am envious of everyone who has the ability to go to games. Because to me, there is nothing like a game-day at Stambaugh Stadium. Beat Pittsburgh!
"The Red and White are waving..."

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2014, 09:38:39 PM »
Hey, 05. This ain't a major university with big promos and slick marketing. Its YSU. And Bo still  won't mean crap to the general public. I'd bet $$$$$$$$$$ you will still hear b****ing and griping next season  as butts fail to fill up seats. Not ticket sales as I expect the business community to buy up blocks of tickets. But actual butts in seats. It won't be much changed overall on the season and only early on in good weather will a possible slight  increase occur. Gotta win. Then maybe they will start to return. Bo does not assure anything, not even wins. Senior day will be awful  and  late season bad weather games will drive them away. Its going to   take some good years to rebuild the fan base again.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »
Hey, 05. This ain't a major university with big promos and slick marketing. Its YSU. And Bo still  won't mean crap to the general public. I'd bet $$$$$$$$$$ you will still hear b****ing and griping next season  as butts fail to fill up seats. Not ticket sales as I expect the business community to buy up blocks of tickets. But actual butts in seats. It won't be much changed overall on the season and only early on in good weather will a possible slight  increase occur. Gotta win. Then maybe they will start to return. Bo does not assure anything, not even wins. Senior day will be awful  and  late season bad weather games will drive them away. Its going to   take some good years to rebuild the fan base again.

Bo will mean crap to the general public, guarantee it. Just watch.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2014, 09:53:26 PM »
Quite don't understand the hater analysis of Pally his point of view is tainted due to his hatred of Strollo.  The new hire has won at all levels and will win here. 
A Penguin for life!!!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
FWIW, expect a salary similar to Wolf's is what I'm hearing. We will find out in next few days for sure, but I can't see us going much below Wolford's to risk any legal repercussions with Nebraska.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2014, 10:04:48 PM »
ysugo -- you are part of the cheerleader group. You wouldn't know an honest opinion if it kicked you in the balls.

The reality is YSU HAS lost it's fan base and will not get it back just with a name hire. Didn't you see enough empty seats last season to get it thru your thick skull ? Gotta win and there are no if and or butts (lol) about that. The name Pelini does not assure crowds  coming back and as the people on the street corner know, it does not assure wins either.

Sit back, grab some popcorn. I am assuring that it going to be a fun gig.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just wait and see !  8)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:07:00 PM by paladin »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2014, 10:08:56 PM »
ysugo -- you are part of the cheerleader group. You wouldn't know an honest opinion if it kicked you in the balls.

The reality is YSU HAS lost it's fan base and will not get it back just with a name hire. Didn't you see enough empty seats last season to get it thru your thick skull ? Gotta win and there are no if and or butts (lol) about that. The name Pelini does not assure crowds  coming back and as the people on the street corner know, it does not assure wins either.

Sit back, grab some popcorn. I am assuring that it going to be a fun gig.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just wait and see !  8)
All I ask of you is to wish Bo Pelini the best in his head coaching career at YSU. If your ego prohibits such an action, go find your way to the ONU forums to cheer for your boy Patrick Angle.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
I guess that I will never understand why some folks are always so negative about everything. Life is too short.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 16, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »
Hey , I just did. Thanks for reminding me, VT. It seems he was a two year Capt., twice HM All- OAC and broke the school record for passing completion % each year he started. I understand he loved it  there.

Yep. good luck to Bo.

Now, let the fun begin. I hope he doesn't stick his foot in his mouth in the first presser !  ;D

ValleyTalk

« Reply #418 on: December 16, 2014, 10:23:38 PM »
Hey , I just did. Thanks for reminding me, VT. It seems he was a two year Capt., twice HM All- OAC and broke the school record for passing completion % each year he started. I understand he loved it  there.

Yep. good luck to Bo.

Now, let the fun begin. I hope he doesn't stick his foot in his mouth in the first presser !  ;D
Call up your man in DC with the teleprompter.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 16, 2014, 11:57:12 PM »

Just wait and see !  8)

I heard the phones in the ticket office were lit up today after word got out