Author Topic: Official: Head Coach Search Thread  (Read 238068 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Official: Head Coach Search Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2014, 10:34:15 AM »
Get over Marrow and find a new candidate to be a cheerleader for:
@KySportsRadio: Spoke with UK Asst Vince Marrow who told me that he is not interested in the Youngstown State job and is "committed to being right here"

Well  maybe YSU can  help change his mind.  Coach Marrow has so many great qualifications. My neighbor says a football team needs a good recruiter. I think Coach Marrow is in charge of recruiting at the Kentucky University football team.
[/quote]

Stick to cheer leading.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2014, 11:19:27 AM »
Being able to say "Hi I played and coached in the NFL" does not make a good head coach. Boykin is a MUCH better choice, although he is not ready for this level either ...in my mind. So you would rather have a nobody than coach Stoops talking to recruits? I thought you were a Mooney guy? If you want to make a change ...get a recruiting coordinator out of Florida, Cali, or the Northeast.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »
People, do not feed the troll.  This man (through his five screen names) is trying to turn this message board into a joke, and you are playing right into his hands.

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »
Quote from: IAA Fan on December 04, 2014, 08:04:53 PM
way under-qualified. The man had to take a HS job after leaving a short stint in the NFL-e ...BTW who gives a crap about Mooney? Mooney gets you a job in the Stoops-Pellini camp, but not in the Strollo-Tressel camp

Ok I also checked out Don Treadwell. He has a lot of great qualifications. HMMM that is until I read that he was head coach at Miami University in OHio. His record scaaaaaaaaaaared me. Guess what it was...........
8-21. That answers that.  Now, someone on this website, says that Coach Marrow is not interested to be the YSU football coach.{Get over Marrow and find a new candidate to be a cheerleader for:
@KySportsRadio: Spoke with UK Asst Vince Marrow who told me that he is not interested in the Youngstown State job and is "committed to being right here"}

But you never know? Hopefully they do not pick another Ursuline guy. I think the guy you guys call Wolf was a Ursuline guy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:03:55 PM by GOPENNY »

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
Quote from: IAA Fan on December 04, 2014, 08:04:53 PM
way under-qualified. The man had to take a HS job after leaving a short stint in the NFL-e ...BTW who gives a crap about Mooney? Mooney gets you a job in the Stoops-Pellini camp, but not in the Strollo-Tressel camp

Hopefully they do not pick another Ursuline guy. I think the guy you guys call Wolf was a Ursuline guy.

I don't really think the Ursuline faithful are claiming Wolf anymore.

Offline edpuskas

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2014, 01:12:53 PM »
People, do not feed the troll.  This man (through his five screen names) is trying to turn this message board into a joke, and you are playing right into his hands.
What are the other four?

Offline JFootball22

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »
Its likley going to be treadwell, which would be worse then making Montgomery a HC
Morrow could be like Wolford all over again, excellent recruiter, but questionable coach
all the other canidates would be worse then Wolford and Heacock combined.

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »
I was just wondering why, one of this blog posters wants coke back. I did not know that YSU had to sell only coke on campus. Why is that? Anyway I was checking the Jambar.The Jambar had a big story about it.
part of the story says:
"Beyond pouring rights, Pepsi now will act as a sponsor for YSU, contributing money both to Student Activities and the Athletics Department. This enables Pepsi products to be featured in advertisements and marketing for YSU, which includes the popular Gatorade sports drink for use in athletics promotion". 

I myself do prefer Pepsi. It just tastes better. That is for my tastes anyway.  Maybe the football team can get some of that money to help pay the new coach.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »
What are the other four?

edpuskas, 1a4YSU, Kandras, FOOTBALLFOREVER  ???

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2014, 04:40:27 PM »
What are the other four?

I'm neither an alter ego or a troll... I just have unorthodox views.

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2014, 05:00:14 PM »
WELL, I thought that maybe today would be the day. But, surely the selection committee will decide next week for sure. It is so DRAMATIC, isn't it.  Maybe, they are still trying to change Coach Marrow's mind.

Offline edpuskas

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2014, 05:13:19 PM »
What are the other four?

I can assure you I am my own man. No alter egos here.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »
Ed seems legit.

The Vindicator, however, is not.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »
Stop feeding this robot lol.

Offline edpuskas

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »
Ed seems legit.

The Vindicator, however, is not.

That and 50 cents might get you a cup of coffee.