Author Topic: UMKC @ YSU  (Read 5982 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
UMKC @ YSU
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:01:57 PM »
Its hard to believe year-in and year-out how bad the team is as a collective group with passing..... They literally try to hand the games to their opponents!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:06:05 PM by goodnews »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UMKC @ YSU
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »
But we won and that is the good news
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »
Keene is a good player. Small, but a solid player!

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »
YSU is playing top level Div 1 basketball, so must the football team . The men's basketball team has a ;long
trying schedule. If they play hard and stay healthy, the team should do very good.........

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 09:16:40 PM »
Youth and KC's constant pressure had a lot to do with the bad passes.  This team is coming together nicely.  Tough game Saturday coming up.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 09:37:52 PM »
I honestly had no idea what to expect this year. I figured 8 wins would be doable, but wasn't quite sure we'd get into double figures in wins. Coach has done a nice job of expanding his rotation to 10 guys this year vs the 7-8 we grew accustomed to.

UMKC played very aggressive defense, somewhat reminiscent of Cleveland State. Despite 17 turnovers, we still found a way to win the game. Nice poise by this team tonight.

Nice win!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »
Good win but we still will not be very good once conference play rolls around.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 10:38:24 AM »
Talk, you said very nicely what I was trying to say.  A nice win against the constant pressure!

Spiderlegs

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 12:53:57 PM »
I honestly had no idea what to expect this year. I figured 8 wins would be doable, but wasn't quite sure we'd get into double figures in wins. Coach has done a nice job of expanding his rotation to 10 guys this year vs the 7-8 we grew accustomed to.

This is my view. The hype is already starting over how good this team is because of its recent wins, but men have played all weak teams so far. Not enough height and muscle inside. However, I was surprised how well YSU played in the stretch last night.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
So far this season, we are 1-1 at home against mid-major competition, 0-2 on the road against mid-major competition, and 2-0 on a neutral court against low-major competition.  Not great.  Not terrible.  Actually better than I had expected.  As Spider has implied and 0505 has stated, will this roster be competitive in the conference?  Time shall tell.