Author Topic: YSU vs. NDSU game thread.  (Read 44715 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs. NDSU game thread.
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »
I hope the new coach is defensive oriented.  The tackling by this team is just atrocious.  BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2014, 06:14:51 PM »
He said he would win a national championship on 5 years and if we don't they would not need to fire me. I'll resign. I expect him to resign tomorrow!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »
Say goodbye to Eric Wolford and company....

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2014, 06:25:22 PM »
I guess the MVFC got tired of dropping all those easy INTs that Wells had been throwing....

But they are not his fault.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2014, 06:29:32 PM »
Wells 2 tds...what can we find negative about that Pally.  How many games did your boy Angle start...oh tbats right none and he quit on his team to play what D3 ball.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
Well, YSU is going to finish 7-5, just as I predicted pre-season. I will be early and tell you next year is still problematic.Coaches? Recruits? And lest I forget, what players actually come back.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »
Hey folks, the better team won today
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »
Hey folks, the better team won today

Seriously?? The better team did not win against WIU or ISU. So that is coaching!!  If you were to look at schedule at beginning of year you would be counting this as a loss. But the other two games. No reason for a loss. They don't want to play for this joke anymore. Get rid of him!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:44:01 PM by peteonastick »
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
Wells 2 tds...what can we find negative about that Pally.  How many games did your boy Angle start...oh tbats right none and he quit on his team to play what D3 ball.

Anytime you throw more interceptions than you do TD's it's a negative. Especially when NDSU scored off all 3 takeaways.  :)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »
Thanks for the math primer so I guess if you throw 14 tds vs 7 ints means he is doing a decent job. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2014, 07:19:09 AM »
Has everyone lost perspective?   You've got a true freshman starting against the defending national champions.   The freshman cannot read a defense and it has been obvious since the South Dakota game at home.  As soon as any defense moves around he gets confused. When he made some nice throws the receivers put the ball on the ground.  This was a team loss.  Coaches and players.  The game is even at the half if we don't self destruct by spotting them 3 touchdowns.  Sick of the uninspired play.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:16:01 PM by penguinpower »

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
Thanks for the math primer so I guess if you throw 14 tds vs 7 ints means he is doing a decent job.

It depends. Did the QB throw bubble screens or hit the back out of the backfield and watch them run 40 yards for the 14 TD's or did he stand up like a man and throw those TD's down the field into tight windows for score's? Also the 7 INT's on the year should have been 14 had the defenders caught the balls thrown right to them. You cannot argue that, including what should have been a pick 6 yesterday.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2014, 08:30:08 AM »

It depends. Did the QB throw bubble screens or hit the back out of the backfield and watch them run 40 yards for the 14 TD's or did he stand up like a man and throw those TD's down the field into tight windows for score's? Also the 7 INT's on the year should have been 14 had the defenders caught the balls thrown right to them. You cannot argue that, including what should have been a pick 6 yesterday.

And YSU dropped its fair share of INTs as well!!!  That is a part of the game.  Or what about tipped balls that turn into INTs?  Or receivers who aren't where they're supposed to be?  Wells, I think he can be really good.  Hopefully he reflects on this season and comes out a better player next season.  He can be put under the microscope now, but I don't think that would be fair.  Let's talk Hunter Wells and how good he can be during/after next season.

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2014, 09:02:55 AM »

And YSU dropped its fair share of INTs as well!!!  That is a part of the game.  Or what about tipped balls that turn into INTs?  Or receivers who aren't where they're supposed to be?  Wells, I think he can be really good.  Hopefully he reflects on this season and comes out a better player next season.  He can be put under the microscope now, but I don't think that would be fair.  Let's talk Hunter Wells and how good he can be during/after next season.

As an ex QB and a HS Qb coach, I hate that tipped balls and bad routes go against the Qb stats and I agree that Wells can be good. I just think he and YSU would have been better served had he red shirted. Dante could have won 7 games at least and Hunter could have learned a lot by watching for a year (especially how to read defenses) It's hard to learn when you're thrown into it the way he was. Like it or not, as of today, he is a Sophomore QB and 2 of the top 3 MVFC QB leaders this year were Sophomores, I hope the excuses for him start to fade away.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:28 AM »

As an ex QB and a HS Qb coach, I hate that tipped balls and bad routes go against the Qb stats and I agree that Wells can be good. I just think he and YSU would have been better served had he red shirted. Dante could have won 7 games at least and Hunter could have learned a lot by watching for a year (especially how to read defenses) It's hard to learn when you're thrown into it the way he was. Like it or not, as of today, he is a Sophomore QB and 2 of the top 3 MVFC QB leaders this year were Sophomores, I hope the excuses for him start to fade away.

I'm not convinced Nania could have won seven games. The moment there was adversity (which is about every snap in an MVFC game), he would tuck the ball under his arm and run. The game was just too fast for him. Wells may have been thrust into the role too soon, but I personally think he did a better job than Nania would.

Wells did a decent job as a freshmen, but not so good that he will automatically get the position next year. He's has raise his performance level if he wants to keep the position. He has at least one strong challenger  behind him, maybe two.