Author Topic: Women's Golf Signs Three Ohio Standouts  (Read 1709 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Women's Golf Signs Three Ohio Standouts
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
Youngstown State Head Women's Golf coach Nate Miklos announced the signing of three standout Ohio golfers to National Letters of Intent. Christina Cooper of Canfield, Megan Creager of Milford and Gabby Minor of Canton all signed with the program last week and will attend YSU in the fall of 2015.

Minor helped guide Massillon Jackson High School to a second-place finish at the 2014 Ohio High School Division I Golf Championships. Jackson was just two strokes behind Dublin Jerome at the state meet. Minor was the top finisher the Polar Bears placing 11th with a two-round total of 155 (78-77).

She received first-team All-Stark County, All Northeast Ohio and All-Federal League accolades as a senior. For the year, she won a pair of events, including the Sectional Tournament with a two-under par score of 70. Her season-low round was a 69 at the Stark County Preseason Tournament. For the campaign she had a stroke average of 77.4 per round. As a junior, Minor was 37th at the Division I state meet with a two-round total of 170.

Creager is a stand out from Milford High School in Southern Ohio and is a two-time Eastern Cincinnati Conference Player of the Year. At the Division I Ohio Golf Championships she tied for 16th place with a 157 (79-78) playing as a individual. In her senior year, she won four tournaments, including firing a season-low 68 (two-under par) at the Fairfield Invitational. She finished third at the district tournament and earned the final spot to state on the second hole of a playoff. For the campaign she had a stroke average of 74.8 per round.

Cooper, a four-year All-AAC honoree at Canfield, was 29th with a 164 (84-80) in 2013 as the Cardinals placed 11th at the 2013 Ohio Division I Golf Championships. Cooper was a four-time All-Northeast Ohio honoree garnering first-team honors in 2013 and 2014.

During her senior campaign she posted a stroke average of 79 per round. She won the George Washington Tournament at Ashland Brookside this year with a one-under par 70 that set a tournament and school record. In the summer of 2013, won the "Valley's Greatest Golfer" tournament prior to her junior season with a round of 74.