Author Topic: Women's Basketball!  (Read 88064 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women's Basketball!
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2015, 06:23:18 PM »
Green Bay is a top 25 team in the nation. Not worried about how badly we struggled considering we start 2 freshman and a sophomore. Splitting on the trip was key, come back home and get recharged!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »
You guys are taking it too lightly. We shot 22.9%, that is a terrible and unacceptable performance.  UWGB had a 36-8 points advantage in the paint. Just like UIC getting 2 & 3 shots every time that had a possession. We get pushed around. The men are as young as the women and you seem to offer no mercy there.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2015, 11:01:46 PM »
Let's see if I have this right. 8)  The conference season begins for both the men and the women.  So far the men blow an 18 point lead to a pathetic UIC team on the road and then embarrass themselves by blowing a double digit lead at home to a mediocre Wright State team.  The women start on the road against UIC, a team with vastly superior athletic skills and a 14 game home court winning streak.  Then they must go to Green Bay, an experienced team with superior playing skills and a team that has lost only a handful of games on their home floor in the last decade.  Yet somehow the women manage to come home 1-1.  Yep, does seem that both teams are performing at the same level. :o

Spiderlegs

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »
As of today. RPI: YSU WBB=40; YSU MBB=239.  Massey: YSU WBB, 82; YSU MBB, 255. Yes, women and men are clearly at the same level. ;)

We'll have a better sense of the state of the women's team after the next two games. However, they're 2-3 so far in the series of 7 games that's the hardest part of the season. The freshmen will definitely tire as the season goes along--not yet sure how to take this into account but I expect that this will affect the outcome of games near the end of the season.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2015, 05:02:01 PM »
Sorry but losses to Cornell and UWGB were just as bad. UIC came back on us twice when their two top players came back in the game (foul trouble). So we really were not holding our own. I can see not pulling away, but we should at least be able to maintain our advantage. We had no inside game.

Don't think I am trashing the lady pens or guins ..I am just a little upset because I thought we were a little better than I am seeing ...on both teams.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
Sorry but losses to Cornell and UWGB were just as bad. UIC came back on us twice when their two top players came back in the game (foul trouble). So we really were not holding our own. I can see not pulling away, but we should at least be able to maintain our advantage. We had no inside game.

Don't think I am trashing the lady pens or guins ..I am just a little upset because I thought we were a little better than I am seeing ...on both teams.

You want the girls to go undefeated??? Relax. Like I said, Green Bay is one of the top 25 teams in the nation. Look at some of the teams they have beaten/played, unreal. Our lady guins will be just fine!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »
HUGE game tonight vs Wright State who is a very good team! Would like to see good support from the community tonight. GO LADIES!

Lets_Talk

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »
GO PENGUINS!!!!! ... Keep the unbeaten record at home going!!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2015, 04:28:11 PM »
HUGE game cuz:

--WSU knocked YSU out of the 2014 HL tournament and prevented us from advancing to the title game broadcast on ESPNU.

--Want to enter the 2015 WBB tournament as the 2 or 3 seed so as not to face UWGB before the final game.

and...

-- Need to win these home games now in case they "Wolford" the last four games.  Regular season concludes with 3/4 games on the road (w/ that only home game being UWGB).
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2015, 08:57:23 PM »
75-70 WIN! Great job ladies. Benjamin with a career high 22 points.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2015, 08:59:26 PM »
That was a terrific second half. Wow!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »
Way to Go!!!  Jumped up to second place! 

Was rooting for CSU who played a good second half versus UWGB but fell short.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2015, 09:04:01 PM »
HUGE WIN LADY PENGUINS!!

Great hustle: plus Heidi and Benjamin were everywhere in the 2nd half. Keep up the great job, you're an exciting team to watch.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
The women worked hard for this one. Wright St. was clearly more athletic than YSU and had excellent ball movement. YSU didn't set up the offense well in the first half but settled down in the second and played its game. A real team win. The big seven-game stretch ends at 4-3 and sole possession of second place. Hard to argue with that.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2015, 08:39:51 AM »
I love these girls!! Keep it up.. makes me hope round ball is relevant at YSU  8)