Author Topic: Women's Basketball!  (Read 88041 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women's Basketball!
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »
Tournament starts tonight against a good Detroit team. Hopefully the community can come out and support the ladies!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2015, 12:11:52 PM »
Yes, we split the regular season ...losing at home. We need all the fan help we can get for some revenge.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2015, 03:14:24 PM »
It looks like they already qualified for a tournament. I wonder if the WNIT is is still in play with a win over UDM.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/mar/03/big-week-ahead-for-ysu-womens-hoops/?mobile
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »
It looks like they already qualified for a tournament. I wonder if the WNIT is is still in play with a win over UDM.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/mar/03/big-week-ahead-for-ysu-womens-hoops/?mobile

Hard to say ...finishing tied for 3rd. In the eyes of a tourney ...that is finishing tied for 4th. In 2013, we finished second behind UWGB in regular season and split with them. We were the #2 seed in the HL tourney, winning 1 game ...this year we are the #4 seed and were virtually non-competitive against UWGB. So ...ladies you need to win it all!

GO GUINS!!!

Spiderlegs

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »

Depends on who gets into NCAA tournament and who the autobids for WNIT are. Basically, though, the YSU RPI right now is 77, which puts them on the bubble for an at-large WNIT birth. The problem is whether the WNIT selection committee would allow them to leapfrog 3rd place Cleveland State, which in terms of record and ranking is lower than YSU.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »
I was puzzled in tonight's game against Detroit why the YSU offense frequently did not have someone setting up in the post, especially in the second half when Walker was out of the lineup.  I thought the pass to the post was essential to the Barnes' offensive philosophy.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:34 PM »
I thought it was well balanced solid W.... Now, time to get revenge on the UWGB!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2015, 11:32:08 PM »
As for the Tournaments, Barnes said that the team has already qualified for the WBI. Hopefully the WNIT could be in store. But let's focus on GB!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2015, 07:40:08 AM »
I was puzzled in tonight's game against Detroit why the YSU offense frequently did not have someone setting up in the post, especially in the second half when Walker was out of the lineup.  I thought the pass to the post was essential to the Barnes' offensive philosophy.
Well we won by 18 so let's just be happy. Defense is the essential element of Barnes coaching philosophy and they did a great job last night.

I'm very happy we have GB and not Wright State. Despite destroying us twice this year, we had our absolute worst offensive performances each time. We always have open three's vs them. It is essential we knock them down and then we have a shot.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2015, 04:26:30 PM »
Any predictions for tonight??? LETS GO LADIES!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »
2 for the last 10. UWGB is shooting poorly as well, we could have made a major dent in their lead.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2015, 10:06:08 PM »
We are into the bonus!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2015, 10:22:40 PM »
Just wilted under pressure.... Benjamin can't be taking those kind of shots late in the game like this.... Oh well, great season ladies!!! Hoping for a WNIT bid with 21 wins this year!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2015, 11:02:43 PM »
Incredible second half. Our defense just suffocated UWGB during that comeback. Unfortunately we couldn't get over that hump, but you have to admire the poise/composure of our freshmen in that second half. Feel very confident if we get into WBI, this team can make some noise. Team grew up tonight in a big way, let's just hope they get a few more games to grow.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2015, 11:25:52 PM »
@YSUPepBandMemb: NO TRAVEL. YSU 54 GB 63. Have a great weekend and be safe. Stay tuned for post season tourney Info. We'll likely host a game Tue or Wed.