Author Topic: Thoughts and Feelings. Tressels morning tweet.  (Read 12192 times)

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts and Feelings. Tressels morning tweet.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 11:06:57 AM »
It is definitely a good group of players exiting, a group that has played since the day they stepped on campus. And I dont say that just cause Christian is my brother, but because I know this group genuinely wanted to win... Look at Christian for instance, went from 49 catches as Freshman, Jerry Rice finalist, went from Wolford saying in press conference "there will never be a game again that christian bryan doesn't catch a ball", he has caught 5 balls this season, and fights to see the field, yet he never b****es and complains because he wants to do whatever is asked of him to make the playoffs. If there is one thing I would like for you all to know, he is humble, and team player (but always has been, as that's how we were raised to be), and after spending a couple of years with the guys in his class around him they all seem to have the exact attitude, which is hard to find in todays athletes. Christian is the type of kid that would probably kill me for being on here on this blog, but I almost feel obligated because I like for people to know what type of player and person he is, because most people only get to see what is going on from the stands, and trust me, I know how it looks up there.

Have players made mistakes, absolutely.. But so have coaches, and coaches on this staff have forgotten things as the years have progressed. Maybe some of the staff who have left the past 2-3 years seasons should have been the guys who stayed, as they made impacts on kids lives on this team that cannot be traded for anything. A man to follow is Andre Coleman. Andre and Christian had a relationship that was maintained on and off the field. Coleman saw things outside of just athletic ability. He was the type of guy that could get a player to do things that he cant. He saw work ethic. He was also a mentor off the field for Christian, as he kept his ass in line, and if he noticed Christian acting up or acting a "fool", let's just say he ripped him a new ass, and we were called at home. He held players accountable in the correct way, but did not lay blame on them. Andre coaches at Kansas State now, and I cannot blame him for going to bigger and better things... (Turn on K State when you get the chance, you'll see some similarities that you saw Christians Freshman and Sophmore year, you'll see a Little White Reciever who exploits defenders.. PS Christian was told flat out he could play there, but Christians loves the "Y" on his helmet and the opportunity he was given here). 

Sorry I go off on tangents sometimes, but these are little things I like to share, because like I said before these are things that the common fan or alumni do not get to hear. (And I know some of you appreciate what I share).

Let's Go Guins  fb I moving past this week, and looking forward to what saturday has to bring, whether it be a win or loss, I expect the boys to go down swinging hard.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
We still have a game to play this week. We have a chance
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:14:58 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »
Been saying this since the first game that Christian did not have a catch (Michigan State last year).... If YSU wants to win games then CB needs to be somewhat of a factor in the passing game, not only back there fielding punts. The coaches do not always recognize talent sometimes and are too caught up with the newest thing sometimes that works out, but a lot of time in college football that is not the case.
These fans do not realize what they are going to be missing out on with the Seniors that are leaving. Every single one is an impact player.
With a loss expect an entire new coaching staff before YSU goes on Winter Break.

As I watched the enter the field, I thought the same thing mvfc penguin ...we have serious player losses this year.

Childs
Bryan
2 of the 3 Williams'
Berassa
Cejudo
Disher
Brown (Octavius)
Page
Adams
Gibbs

Sorry I think I am missing a couple. What an impact group this was.

Disher got a medical redshirt and will be back for next year.