Author Topic: Stinking it up on a Saturday against the Sycamores!  (Read 4594 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Stinking it up on a Saturday against the Sycamores!
« on: November 15, 2014, 07:38:52 PM »
What the hell happened today!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Stinking it up on a Saturday against the Sycamores!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:41:52 PM »
We were outcoached.  WE WERE OUTCOACHED.  we were outcoached! We were outcoached!...Can I saw again...We were outcoached.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 08:05:06 PM »
We were outcoached.  WE WERE OUTCOACHED.  we were outcoached! We were outcoached!...Can I saw again...We were outcoached.
We should be used to this by now. I  think I've read the same post somewhere after each of our losses.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »
What the hell happened today!

Four turnovers and out coached.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 08:45:08 PM »
We were out coached and we didn't help ourselves.   4 turnovers in the game.  Penalties at bad times. 18 yard punt and near disaster on a punt return.

Coaching however was more subtle but slow and steady.  They didn't respect our deep passing game and we didn't even try to make them.  No plays called down field.  Hell we didn't throw to the tight end until late in the game when we were in dire straights.  Their corchestra moved their defense around to confuse Hunter.  I've heard of this before and I believe it is called the amoeba defense. They walk for linebackers their ends and their safety around until the play clockis down to a point where the quarterback can't change the play. They did this multiple times and Hunter kept looking back to the sideline for the call and we were late getting it out because the offensive coordinator question to understand what they were going to do on defense based on alignment. This caused us to use some time outs that may have helped us.  defensivelythey threw the ball every timr linebacker stepped up to the line. They knew are linebackers could not get back to cover the receiver and they threw it behind the linebackers every time. We should have left the linebackers out or sent them all in on a blitz but we had one foot in the water and one foot out. the defensive line did a fine job tonight and we were really able to get a lot of pressure when we send extra man but on third down and long situations they would start the linebackers and then back them up and they were able to get to the receiver.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »
They didn't respect our deep passing game and we didn't even try to make them.  No plays called down field. 

I think we did make a few of these calls, but Wells didn't get a lot of help from the OL so they didn't materialize. Wells and Berassa did not appear to be on the same page today, though I don't think this problem figured into the final outcome as much as the failures of the D and the OL.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 07:09:04 AM »
They didn't respect our deep passing game and we didn't even try to make them.  No plays called down field. 

I think we did make a few of these calls, but Wells didn't get a lot of help from the OL so they didn't materialize. Wells and Berassa did not appear to be on the same page today, though I don't think this problem figured into the final outcome as much as the failures of the D and the OL.

I think we ran the deep post 2-3 timessage in the first half.  But if they aren't allowing the deep ball why not go to the tight ends?  We only threward to them on the last 2 scoring drives.