Author Topic: Stambaugh Stadium  (Read 24194 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Stambaugh Stadium
« on: November 15, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »
This once feared venue full of majic must return.  Not ONLY has Wolf gone 4-10 in the final 3 games of every season.  He and his teams have neglected to protect their home field.  Wolfs record in conference games at Stambaugh is 10-10....... In order to be successful in any sport you must WIN at home. 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Stambaugh Stadium
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
I agree, we have a real mess, no one in the stands to boost the team but as long as we finish seasons like we have been people will not come.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »
Hard to have a home field advantage when there are 1,000 people in the stands.. And the students are on the opposite side of the field. Stambaugh is not one of the nicest facilities in the FCS anymore. Face it people.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »
Why go watch a game and a team that will literally rip your heart out and step on it?  The coaching staff has sucked what little life was left in this program.  If he's not fired on Sunday morning next week, I may have to convince my family to give up our season tickets.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 09:31:57 PM »
Two inexcusable losses at home this season.  Ind St. and Western Ill.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 10:44:08 PM »
Why go watch a game and a team that will literally rip your heart out and step on it?  The coaching staff has sucked what little life was left in this program.  If he's not fired on Sunday morning next week, I may have to convince my family to give up our season tickets.

I completely get this comment. Same conversation is happening at our house.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 10:44:52 PM »
Hard to have a home field advantage when there are 1,000 people in the stands.. And the students are on the opposite side of the field. Stambaugh is not one of the nicest facilities in the FCS anymore. Face it people.

Stambaugh is past due for major renovations. I wonder if the University is willing to spend the $10-$20 million needed to upgrade the stadium

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 11:12:55 PM »
Not on a loser they wont.  Why spend 10-20 mil to have 1000 people in the stands?  Not good business.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »
They are supposedly getting a new video board and some new lighting. Yay

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 03:56:37 PM »
Froze my buns off yesterday, I think the fact that it was empty made it even colder.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
Maybe heated seats are in order.  It's never as cold when you win. <sigh>

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 05:44:31 PM »
I haven't been there since 2006, have they at least replaced the scoreboard since then?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »
Froze my buns off yesterday, I think the fact that it was empty made it even colder.

I was very comfortable until I visited the restroom, always so darn warm in there that it takes a while to feel ok out side again.

I will miss your brother always thought that he was an asset.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »
Since the last home game has been played, it's time to announce I did not buy Penguin Club seats this year. Did not buy ANY tickets this year after several decades of having Penguin Club seats. We gave them up. Never attended any games. Watched on TV or online. I dislike the AD and the mess he has created with the money sports that we pulled the plug this year. No more purchases till he is gone. As for the rest of the crowd missing from the stadium, it's been down hill for a long time and I don't see it coming back quick if at all. I actually feel good about it because I found that it's the only way to force their hand.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 09:36:55 PM »
Paladin ...the only thing that you are doing, if you ever truly were a Penguin Club member, is losing your upper-tailgate lot passes. If you do not feel that the administration cares what you think, as  Penguin Club member ...do you think they care more now that you are not? The way to affect change is to use the power that you have as a member.

Quality people have quality traits. Strollo is one of those. I live fairly far away and only make 3 or 4 PC events a year ...but Strollo is in attendance at every one of them. He sat at our table an talked (at the spring game tailgate party) for about 2-hours. No topic has ever been taboo at any of these events. I am 48-years-old and I was one of the youngest persons there. That is a shame. I walked past him at a basketball game last year and he called me by name, dragged me to a great seat and sat with me for a half. Granted, my father was a long-time figure with ties to the department ...but that was quite some time ago. I guarantee you he does this all the time with many other people, because he does care. At yesterday's game I was talking with coach Gillispie selling apparel for the team. I have never met him ...really nice guy BTW. Strollo walked by and said with a smile ...did you renew your Diamond Club? 

In another instance ...I went to (then Buckeye coach) Tressel's book signing. I walked up to him and he signed the first book of two. I asked him if he remembered my father. He said of course and asked me how his eyes were doing (my father had vision issues, which is why I attended all of these events). So Tressel was not just saying "yes", just to say yes. Well last year I was out on the field for his inductions. I walked past him and he stopped me and asked me how I was doing ...he called me by my father's name ...but none-the-less.

These things tell me what kind of men that Tressel and Strollo are. They are the kind of men who do care what you have to say and will listen.