Author Topic: UNI - NDSU  (Read 5341 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
UNI - NDSU
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »
10-3 UNI...in 3rd.uh..oh..Wolf...here we go again...
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ohiofootball

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI - NDSU
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
YSU might be able to get the NDSU coach...they are ripping him apart on the NDSU board. Crazy!

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »
23-3 UNI  the only thing is that NDSU is beatable...might have to beat them on road to make playoffs
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »
Final. Down go the Bison.... Just shows they are beatable!

Spiderlegs

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »
Not good for YSU. Right now I'm projecting UNI to win its last two games (SIU, Mizzou St) and YSU to go 1-1.  That leaves both schools at 8-4 overall--UNI would end up with a 6-2 conference record and YSU with 5-3. UNI would be the third team from the conference selected for the playoffs.  YSU is on the bubble big time now. The WIU loss has now become a nightmare.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:34:47 PM »
Not good for YSU. Right now I'm projecting UNI to win its last two games (SIU, Mizzou St) and YSU to go 1-1.  That leaves both schools at 8-4 overall--UNI would end up with a 6-2 conference record and YSU with 5-3. UNI would be the third team from the conference selected for the playoffs.  YSU is on the bubble big time now. The WIU loss has now become a nightmare.
Bubble is wide open this year. I'd be utterly stunned if 8-4 with four ranked wins wouldn't get them in this year. Resume is far better than last year. Furthermore the strength of our conference is year has made it pretty damn apparent it deserves 4 teams.

I do agree it throws a wrench into it, but we need to focus on Indiana State first.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 10:05:11 PM »
It says alot to the strength of the MVFC that a team that was 3-2 in the MVFC could take down the three time National Champs who also whooped IA State.

I agree that a win over ISUb = post-season.  Likely we would be one of four from the MVFC.  Anything else would be scandalous.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 03:02:40 PM »

I agree, a win by the buffalos yesterday would have eliminated uni. Now they can be a major player. Go SIU Go Missouri ST.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 03:25:38 PM »
Most important thing is that we move past our loss, and focus on Indiana State. I would agree that we are not out of the playoffs. Yesterday hurt but oh well. We just need to beat Indiana State and go from there.. This is looking to be the season where they take 4 MVFC teams. Let's see what the boys got! They wanna get into the playoffs just as bad as we want them too. Need to see what happens and just focus on us on Saturday.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 04:49:55 PM »

I agree, a win by the buffalos yesterday would have eliminated uni. Now they can be a major player. Go SIU Go Missouri ST.

I want to win every game and have every team that we play finish the regular season at 10-1.